Gwyneth Paltrow plagiarized the fictitious "ancient Chinese" practice of vaginally inserted jade eggs UPDATED

That’s shady shade, sorry? It’s not tenable that 100% of Chinese were reliably shunning 100,000 years of creative hooey plus a storied Qin Empress. There is no probity there. I like the incidental later story about dermatology toughs hustling a peer reviewed publication having popped up, though!

Contrawise, anyone with enough heroin or maybe cobra venom vodka (also kind of ancient, though less Canon for central (per se) China) can probably prove that throwing jade balls up his tubes and then pondering a sex change makes him feel ancient with some certainty.

In conclusion, you should change the make of tequila at hand.

10 Likes

Now it is!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just want the ‘types of rock and the faces vaginal eggs made of them make for’ chart. I already have tools called ‘stonesense’ at the ready, not attracted to collecting film props, maybe it can be a side project for official portraits of the administration that also contains the main thing for them. The Betsy DeVoss Daily Adoration should have this in.

7 Likes

From what I’ve heard from a friend who is an ER nurse, and knowing that people really haven’t changed much over the years, I can pretty much guarantee you that some ancient chinese dude accidentally “slipped and fell” onto a jade egg at some point over the thousands of years of Chinese history. So if jade eggs ever existed in China, someone shoved one up their bum at some point.

14 Likes

Is that a remote control?

What’s the range on that thing?

Yes, it seems to be.

I dunno; I don’t actually own one, personally…

(But explaining that at time would have spoiled the joke.)

7 Likes

Now I’ve got to google search that, because if it’s got good range, well…

that opens it up to all sorts of fun shenanigans.

3 Likes

Happy to have ‘inspired’ future debauchery.

8 Likes

Have a good friend who’s a nurse. Can confirm.

5 Likes

OVWpR5E_d

BTW, anyone ever took a closer look at the first version of the A Bit of Fry & Laurie intro?

10 Likes

More generally, they’re called yoni eggs and they can be made of any inert material with a polished surface. The idea is to aid women in Kegel exercise to strengthen the pelvic floor. They’re a variation of the more clinically accepted, albeit controversial, weighted vaginal cones for stress incontinence treatment.

3 Likes

Exactly! Because that’s how homeopathy works! All it needs is a few specks of jade in an activated plastic shell and that increases the natural power of jade.*

*not a doctor. Or a celebrity for that matter.

8 Likes

From Scrubs:
“Do we have a lost-and-found box?”
“We have an ass box…”

6 Likes

It is no use trying to make a wine-cup out of the skull with someone with Paget’s syndrome, as the bone is even more porous and the wine leaks through in no time.
Or so I hear from a friend.

4 Likes

My sister-in-law is Chinese and she and her parents both do that. We were out together at a Chinese restaurant and they ordered a pot of hot water instead of tea. I prefer my hot water with leaf bits.

I watched “Shakespeare in Love” again a little while ago, and I was sad because she is really talented. But I cant respect someone shilling the whacko nonsense that’s on Goop.

6 Likes

That’s a pretty good film, but have you seen George Lucas in Love?

2 Likes

As long as the Chinese still grind up Rhino horns and Tiger scrotums for “medicine” I will look at “ancient Chinese” medical practices will a large dose of skepticism. She may as well be citing “ancient European alchemists.”

4 Likes

(Art by the ever amazing Trudy Cooper, obviously)

8 Likes

caine-mutiny

“Million-to-one shot, Doc”

6 Likes

There is an Oglaf for everything.

9 Likes