Halloween 2021!

It wasn’t very scary and doesn’t make any sense, unfortunately.

Hush, on the other hand, was excellent.

Get Out is as well, obvs; whereas Bird Box was interesting, but not worth all the hype, IMPO…

Agreed; let’s not contribute to the derailment.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Neighborhood discussions

Saw this couple a few Halloweens back:

15 Likes

My kids are a little concerned that the character I’m dressing up as will be too obscure for people to know who it is, but I’m not worried.

(Work in progress.)

And just in case, against all odds, you don’t know who the character is:

14 Likes

So this guy is making appearances at Disney California Adventure now. He’s got to be one of the top 5 creepiest costumed characters ever in a Disney park.

But still nowhere near as creepy as these guys:

8 Likes

I’ve been binging some horror movies / shows these past few weeks.

American Psycho - I’d started to watch this a few times in the past but finally watched the whole thing last night. It was fine.

Ouija - decent enough little flick. Has the spooky-little-girl trope and I found the ending g a little strained, but I’d watch it again.

Midnight Mass - mini series on Netflix. Binge watched it with the missus because we liked "The haunting of Hill house " and this shared some of the cast, but overall I found this preachy and dopey.

Krampus - a good Christmas movie that is appropriate for Halloween too. Be good for goodness sake!

9 Likes

Noted.

I liked the Haunting of Hill House and thought the Haunting of Bly Manor (also basically the same cast) was decent.

I was wondering if M. Mass was worth it or not; sounds like I’m leaning towards ‘not.’

7 Likes

It starts out with a good premise, a few surprise twists, but then it gets heavy on religious preachiness (is that a word), becomes a vampire flick, and the ending fizzled in predictability.

7 Likes

That’s unfortunate.

I already recco’d it in the “Whatcha Watchin?” thread, but I’ll say it again:

I liked the Netflix Fear Street series; it was way better than I expected.

8 Likes

Ooh thanks! I’ll give those a look on the plane later this week!

6 Likes

Creepy, but well done costume. What if… was way darker than I thought it was going to be, especially after the first couple episodes.

Gives me a sad to see Cap as a zombie. He was supposed to be the best of us. :cry:

7 Likes

De nada; and remember with horror venues, always keep your expectations low, that way they can be exceeded.

:slight_smile:

I gave up on that show after the ep with ‘Party-boy Thor’; too much gloom & hopeless doom in the real world makes me want none of that shite in my light entertainment.

7 Likes

Yeah, Jerry Colonna can be rather unnerving:

6 Likes

Half the man he once was. (At least after his confrontation with Bucky.)

3 Likes

Oof.

2 Likes

No means no, mister.

6 Likes

I thought it was Daniel Simpson Day.

3 Likes

20 Likes

Ok, which of these should accompany that image? :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

This year, since I missed dressing up like a monster and scaring people more than I thought I would [1], I participated in “West Clifton Historic Haunts” put on by the Near West Theater.
The thing was a walking tour (~1.5 miles) of the Gordon Square area of Cleveland, with visits to scenes with historic figures of 100 years ago. I played a “Wandering Ghost” greeting people as they approached the gates [1] to West Clifton.

[1] I volunteered for a charity haunt for 25 years, as a horror improv actor and SFX makeup artist. Too broken now to do it, and also they’re not enforcing safety protocols and COVID is there so I have no inclination to go do makeup for them.
[2] repurposed from their “Addams Family” set

We’re planning being in costume to pass out candy to trick-or-treaters. We’ll see how that goes. :smiling_imp:

19 Likes