Hannity spotted vaping coming back from break

Apologies- didn’t mean to imply all women who say that are TERFs. :relaxed: That position is totally legit for cis women in a transgenderless world- douches for them are a terrible invention that’s just yet another way men want women to feel ashamed of their bodies.

3 Likes

I’m certain that had someone in the car that day brought up that angle, we would have spent the next hour workshopping a suitable alternative. Just wish I’d known enough at the time to do so.

What about ‘vapesack’? I think maybe I’ll start calling people like Hannity vapesacks. Has the necessary phonetic qualities, references something problematic and distasteful, has connotations of both smokestack and ballsack, and best of all, drags this tangent back on-topic!

2 Likes

Personally, I think “douchebag” is perfectly great as an insult for men, but I can’t speak for how other trans people or women in general feel. It’s only in this thread that I learned some people think it should be retired and I’m genuinely curious to learn more about that position. Too gendered maybe, since the insult kinda requires particular genitalia for the metaphor to work?

4 Likes

We can split off to another topic if needed, but briefly, IMO the term hits really close to using femininity or womanhood as an insult. In the same realm as calling someone a pussy, a sissy or a “girl” as an insult. Just because it’s using a term that is quite specifically for females.
What is it that’s so disgusting about the idea of female genitalia and products that makes us want to specifically use that as an insult, mainly against men?

6 Likes

That’s really interesting to me, because to me it was always the opposite- making male genitalia into the insult. Like that person is just an empty sack with an appendage on it for inserting in women. However steering clear of the whole area (pardon that word choice) seems like a reasonable ask. My interpretation of the insult is just my own and may not be general.

6 Likes

It doesn’t keep me up at night or anything, but I think my right wing neighbor has sensitized me to the gendered insults bc he’s always using them. Our female governor is a “skank” and the progressive mayor is a douche, etc., ad nauseum.
It’s cool to hear different takes on it.

5 Likes

Ugh, yah, I know the type. All gendered insults end up hurting women one way or another, so avoiding them all is a good policy.

6 Likes

I’d love to do that. Unfortunately I also need contacts to see anything more than 3 feet away, and they’ll only allow one or the other. Since contacts need a prescription, I’m sort of stuck.

I didn’t know HD had readers. I’ll have to check them out. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.