Happy Birthday, Donald_Petersen

Happy bloody birthday old chap! Saw this for you -

2 Likes

Happy b-day, sir.

1 Like

I have to say, as a Brit in the USA, I am always disappointed when I hear someone talking about pie, and then I discover they meant bloody pizza.

I mean, pizza’s okay, I guess. But it’s not pie.

I have never been as disappointed about a restaurant as I was when I found out what Serious Pie in Seattle actually sold.

1 Like

Have some some pudding.

3 Likes

Peasant Pies in SF rules. I eat there kinda often.

1 Like

Black Pudding?

I do actually quite like Pies & Pints in Seattle, if you can get past the fact that their pies are a bit too small, because they’re Australian style.

We also have High 5 Pie, but I think they almost exclusive focus on incorrect, sweet pies.

Hell, might as well shout out to my favourite pizza place, too - Ballard Pizza.

Ahem:

4 Likes

Pork pie served cold?

2 Likes

Now you’re talking. I’ll take that over pizza any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Melton Mowbray’s just up the road from where I’m from.

2 Likes

Canada, actually.

Boston Pizza is Canadian? What in the heck?

I only know the Canadian House of Pizza and Garbage.

1 Like

At times, I don’t believe it’s possible to fully explain all things Canada. This is a fine example because who dafuq in the US thinks of Boston when they think of pizza?!?

1 Like

Canada can be fully explained in the quote from Sarah Vowell’s Party Cloudy Patriot:

Apparently, even having a favorite Mountie is an American trait. When I asked the twentieth commissioner of Mounties, Giuliano “Zach” Zaccardelli, who was his favorite RCMP commissioner in history, he answered Canadianly, “Every one of them has contributed tremendously to the legacy of the RCMP, and I hope that during my tenure I will be able to add some value to the legacy that those nineteen who came before me left for this organization.”
https://aclassicnotion.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/sarah-vowell-cowboys-mounties/

Things in Canada are “nice” or “good” or “fine” Things in the US are “great”, “fantastic”, and “awesome!” If you were to ask a Canadian about the best pizza I’m sure their response would be “Let’s not get overexcited, eh? Who’s to say New York pizza is better than Boston? I think they both have their merits. And Chicago’s real nice too.”

1 Like

What? You didn’t hear about the Boston Pizza Party?
…what do they teach in the schools these days…

2 Likes

That’s a lovely and very Canadian quote. As mean as the streets of Detroit can be, it’s heartening to know that if you merely cross the river, things are nice, people are friendly, and maybe one person might get shot over the next couple decades. They have nicer art on their side of the river, too, though the ballet is not quite what you might expect. :wink:

I am somewhat ashamed to see the elevated direction the conversation has taken, in a thread that’s ostensibly All About ME. Y’know, the guy who thinks a $5 Hot & Ready pepperoni from Little Caesar’s is a perfectly cromulent lunch.

Seriously, that thing’s 14" across, and only $5, all day, every day. Why would I aspire to anything better?

(okay, now I’ve done it, there go all my birthday well-wishes!)

5 Likes

It was one of the first shots fired in the revolution that broke our shackles from Italy, leading us down the long road to the glorious 357-party system we have today in the United States of Columbia.

1 Like

It’s official: we don’t like you anymore. Nice touch with using “cromulent”, though.

3 Likes

Ok, and now you made me look up the word cromulent, which comes from the Simpsons:

4 Likes

6 Likes