Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Person walks into a pizza joint. “I’ll have a large sausage pie, please.” “Coming right up. How many slices you want, 6 or 8?” Better make it six, I don’t think I could eat 8.”

9 Likes

Wouldn’t that void the warranty?

3 Likes

Don’t you usually lose eighths before the warranty runs out?

3 Likes

Sage salmon, rosemary potatoes, garlicky greens.

11 Likes

Lots of lemons ripening in the orangerie (aka on my container citrus in my back yard) a month earlier than usual, thanks to summer lasting until November means that this year’s limoncello might be ready by Xmas. Started the first batches today!

Have enough lemons to make +/- 5 liters of boozy lemony goodness :open_mouth:

(Thinking of departed LesPane who inspired me to try this last year)

15 Likes

That blows my mind.
I too am from a family of five, and now I remember Mom did the same thing!
Thanks for the memory. :pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza:

5 Likes

I was going to share this on el Día de Muertos or el Día de los Muertos

9 Likes

Miso soup with bits of thin shredded pork, cabbage, carrots, onions and Japanese sweet potatoes diced tiny.

The “sweet” veggies taste mixed with the savory of the miso and pork. Plus as I reheat it, the soup gets thicker and richer.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Related to the Titanic menu auction recently…

7 Likes

5 Likes

I work for a very small city, that has very wealthy residents. One house that is currently being remodeled (was owned by a billionaire, and new owners have been putting their own touches on it for 4 years now), has an orangerie they built inside the house. It is a 4,000 sq. ft. orangerie.
I have a conflicting sense of awe and disgust in the whole thing.

8 Likes

Mine is not quite that:

$20 or $30 each at Aldi

11 Likes

The things they sell today at Cost Plus World Market.

5 Likes

I…really want to try that!

6 Likes

Dried Mosquito fish and slivered almonds from friend returning from China. Strangely delicious!

7 Likes

Dammit, the closest one is a 2-hour drive… Sorely tempted, but not enough to drive that far.

6 Likes

Available on Amazon for $16.85/3 boxes, but still $15/3 boxes at Frankford if they are available, which is not right now. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Dear mutant foodies, I need ideas for a dish to take to an event tomorrow. Kitchen, refrigerator, and oven/range space will be limited, and it’s about 2 hours drive away – so, something I can make ahead, will travel well, and is suitable for quick heat-and-serve. I’m thinking casserole or gratin. Thoughts?

5 Likes

Maybe a timballo?

Loads of varieties, can use all sorts of fillings, and you can use eggplant or a pasta brise crust…

6 Likes