Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

There are probably some decent publishers that don’t put out 1000 books in a year. Yet they allow an “author” that?

3 Likes

I might be obsessed with this channel for the next little bit. So far I’ve only watched this one, but it’s so fun:

Going to watch the one about the 70s in a bit.

6 Likes

I pre-ordered a tiki mug from Mondo last year, forgot about it until i saw the shipping email earlier this week. They delivered it a day early so i was pretty excited, and honestly this thing surpassed my expectations :slight_smile: I have a fallout tiki mug and i use it a lot but in comparison this thing is bigger, heavier and overall a hell of a lot nicer. My SO said it was very extra :joy: i agree, but it makes me super happy. Can’t wait to use it for a cocktail.

12 Likes

do share the first concoction you deem worthy of such a fine mug!
(blood of enemies? Rogue Brewery “Dead Guy Ale”?)

(edit: some of the early bottles had glow-in-the-dark skeleton lables!)

9 Likes

Dead Guy Ale would be fun, i do like Rogue brewing but a cocktail seems most appropriate for the first use. I need to check to see if i have any (opened) rum i’d like to use up, if so i would likely make a dark & stormy. If need be i’ll make a booze run :stuck_out_tongue: I am open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas for cocktails that aren’t crazy involved and require me to buy a bunch of different things.

8 Likes

Challah, with raisins.

12 Likes

I was a very good man. I get Pizza.

16 Likes

pizza time GIF

7 Likes

Yum, that looks good!
Are those black olives?
Doh, never mind. I zoomed in. They’re obviously something else.

7 Likes

sun dried tomatoes? chorizo?
@kentkb what the what?

6 Likes

Love the melt/burn you have in the cheese.

Hungry Yum Yum GIF by corgiyolk

5 Likes

so, the last of this season’s banana crop just [over]ripened to perfection to make my Island Bread! just look at them!

Island Bread is my own take on your old, boring banana bread. Island Bread takes my homegrown finger nanners and mixes in with butter, coconut, raw brown cane sugar, dark spiced rum, vanilla, cardamom (and flour and eggs, baking soda and a little salt).

toast a slice of this with my very special cannabutter and a tiny schmeer of marmite… wow! you are right here in island mode - ready for some more rum punch and those raw tuna appetizers you wish you had ordered earlier.
:notes:[steel drums tinkle] life is good on island time… the banana bread ain’t half bad, either!

17 Likes

Chorizo!

7 Likes

7 Likes
7 Likes

Related.

I wonder if you combined the junk database with a fungal one, how good AI would be at sorting one from the other.

2 Likes

[The pickled fish dish that unites Christians and Muslims at Easter | Food News | Al Jazeera]

6 Likes

[Shonen Knife - Brown Mushrooms (youtube.com)]

7 Likes
11 Likes

The Easter cakes are done.

13 Likes