Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Is that bacon, mushroom and knoedel?

7 Likes

Oh! I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had knoedel. But it looks like other pictures. It looks like maybe on top is mushrooms and tomatoes in an herby sauce. Looks intriguing.

6 Likes

Knoedel are perhaps the best dumplings.

8 Likes

Iā€™ll have to give them a try! Iā€™m still trying to figure out how the air fryer was used in this dish.

9 Likes

So I need some yummy summer recipes. Must be no beef (or another protein can sub) and ideally low cook to no cook. We have a good number of go-to salads. Doing veg Vietnamese spring rolls.
Any one have ideas?

I told my personal chef yā€™all will have ideas for him!

Cat Cooking GIF

10 Likes

Caprese sandwiches in mini-ciabatta rolls are a go-to for us. This is one of the main reasons we have a basil plant on the windowsill every year!

7 Likes

Your gif reminds me, making flatbread pizzas out of store bought lavash bread is easy and the options are endless. You need to throw them in the oven for a few minutes, but thatā€™s it. Iā€™ve tried a few varieties:

• Mashed white beans with some herbs and spices spread on the bread, topped with whatever roasted or sautĆ©ed veggies I have kicking around.
  • Pesto on bread, whatever veggies you have on hand, after baking throw some fresh greens on top, drizzle with balsamic redux.
  • BBQ sauce, pulled pork or smoked tofu, pineapple chunks.

Just to name a few.

9 Likes

These are mighty tasty: Spinach and Artichoke Melts Recipe | Epicurious

5 Likes

Spring onions sauteed in butter, champignons, a red bell pepper, all five herbs and spices there are, and some plant-based ā€œcooking creamā€ or other on Spinatknƶdel. Which are just Semmelknƶdel with extra spinach, really.

8 Likes

They have six in that article. Witchcraft! Burn them!

8 Likes
6 Likes

Frittata is a good summer recipe, it can be made in the morning, or late night when itā€™s cool, and you can use whatever green/vegetable/herb is in season. Or that is out of season, but you want to get rid of. Can be served cold or warm, pairs well with salad. Different cheeses let you vary the character. Can be eaten for breakfast, taken for lunch, served for dinner. Add crust if you like.
Here a couple good multipurpose one, but thereā€™s others that use a couple fewer eggs, if youā€™re looking for something smaller.

ETA: Pestoes, basil and other herbs
https://www.thesproutingkitchen.org/garden-pesto/
I use a food processor, not a mortar and pestle.

Lasagna with veggies can make good use of seasonal veggies too.

11 Likes

We often do white beans or chickpeas, thinly sliced red onion (left to soak in water for 10 minutes), rocket, and cooked shrimp, dressed with acid (lemon/lime juice/vinegar/whatever floats your boat) and nice olive oil, salt and chopped parsleyā€¦

9 Likes

I made some monkey bread (savory)ā€¦

I used the recipe from babishā€¦

13 Likes

It doesnā€™t state the number of monkeys or whether to use frozen or fresh-ground. Shame

14 Likes

You just got to use as much as you feel ya needā€¦

monkeys GIF

12 Likes

Della Fattoria levain bread.
Fresh eggs from Farmers Market.
Vegenaise.
Dijon mustard.
Espelette ground chili peppers.

Btw? When are those Nightshade fruits (or vegetables? ) considered peppers and not called chilies?
:thinking: :bell_pepper::hot_pepper:

9 Likes

what is espelette chili powder like? is it hot, like in scoville level?
flavor? smoky, like paprika?
is this an egg salad sandwich?

[searching on my own, before posting, i discover that the pimient dā€™espelette is a mild Capsicum annum with sweet, berry-like flavor and scoville of <4000. so, thereā€™s that.]
stillā€¦ is this a fancy egg salad sandwichā€¦ iā€™m sorry, sandwich Ć  la salade aux œufs in the same vein as omelette du fromage?

8 Likes

I make something similar with white beans, tinned tuna in oil, tomatoes, basil or parsley and red onion with lots of vinaigrette.

Shrimp sounds like a great option!

8 Likes

I made this tonight. Tasty and very filling. I can imagine people without meat, but lots of potatoes, cabbage and dairy having platefuls.

I added garlic and mushrooms, just because.

11 Likes