Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

19 Likes

Fish tonight? :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

damn, i need new glasses! had to go back and embiggen that pic to see that it was not two cast iron skillets!

12 Likes

Try rubbing oil into the cat, you will discover the difference very quickly.

16 Likes

i mean a cat iron skillet would be great

10 Likes

images

14 Likes

Corned beef and cabbage is not just for St. Patrick’s Day. Sorry I didn’t get a pic of the corned beef before I butchered it.

13 Likes

Or picking it up by the “handle!”

9 Likes

In the annual battle of cook vs zucchini, i turned to my dehydrator. Sliced thin, coated with a yogurt/ dill/garlic/salt dredge and dried crisp. Ranch-flavored crisps! Not too bad, even if the zucchini has not much flavor on it’s own.

9 Likes

I tried seasoning mine with salt at 350 degrees, and MAN! That cat was pissed!

8 Likes

Breakfast, because why not?

10 Likes

Just had a half of this (in a hurry)

9 Likes

Lemon meringue

16 Likes

Happy Birthday US of A!
Sausage edition.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9AKxXxxIAV/?igsh=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

9 Likes

We went Kielbasa for lunch.

12 Likes

mmmm…
sausage fest!
i made island curry noodles with smoked sausage and copious Jamaican hot curry, some fish sauce and sautéed shallot, carrot, chilies, garlic and ginger. didn’t have any fresh cilantro, though. it was still very good.

13 Likes

I wanted brats today. I went to the grocery store yesterday. No brats. They just aren’t as popular on the east coast as they are in the midwest, I guess. They did have kielbasa, but I had my heart set on brats. I ended up settling for Thumann’s hot dogs. Which, to be fair, are not a bad consolation. They make the best hot dogs, in my opinion.

9 Likes

I wondered what humanitarians ate until I saw a sign advertising “fresh grilled brats”!

5 Likes

TIL, so you get to as well!

Deep dish pizza went through a process for about 20 years to become how we now think of it. There are all sorts of stories, starting with Pizzeria Uno (the name finally settled on, although it started in 1943 named after its founder and is still in that original location) and Pizzeria Due, through Gino’s (and Gino’s East) and Lou Malnati’s.

There is a common thread, and it turns out that is the actual reason deep dish pizza is how it is. Nope, not an Italian. We have a female Black cook from Mississippi to thank for it!

13 Likes

They got really disappointed with shepherds pie.

5 Likes