Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

10 Likes

Hey, pepper flavour is important, habanero tastes a lot better than scotch bonnet (outside a heavily spiced dish) to me, for example.

11 Likes

habs have a much more floral flavor. that tends to make it more suitable for fruit concoctions.

habanero it is!

14 Likes

I have a fleeting memory of watching someone make banana ketchup from scratch on YouTube. Maybe someone from Bon Appetit? :thinking: Hmm. Looked and not sure who’s I might’ve watched make though that doesn’t matter lol. Try making it from scratch, might be fun

6 Likes

I remember making it in AP Chemistry lesson on esters and saponification. We goofed around and made banana smelling soap.

7 Likes

We’ve had an instant pot for a while, this is the first try at ribs.

It went well, 28 minutes in the pressure cooker, 10 minutes slow release of pressure, and about 8 minutes under the broiler.

Nothing fancy with seasoning, just salt, pepper, Lawry’s season salt, and Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce.

Very tender.

16 Likes

Mouth-watering!

7 Likes

I can totally do that at home. Gonna try this week

4 Likes

Fun fruit from Farmers Market today.
Pointy tomatoes.
Will taste soon.

17 Likes

Getting into the olympic spirit, I see

17 Likes

In honor of the Paris Olympics, my French apron.

13 Likes

When I was looking for times people said 25 minutes made ribs that you pick up with the bone.

Some people said 30 minutes for fall off the bone.

One person said 28 minutes was somewhere in the middle.

I did 28 because my wife likes it very tender. You could just pull the bone completely out with your fingers.

If it was just for me I might have gone a little less than 25 minutes for eat off the bone.

But other than deciding on the time it was idiot proof.

12 Likes

How very French and au courant they are!

11 Likes

Are the Mascots eatable? :wink:
It looks like the Tomatoes I picked up at the Farmers Market.

10 Likes

Another air fryer meal tonight. Ling cod nuggets, mushrooms, and onion rings in the air fryer.

The ling cod nuggets somehow remind me of popplers from Babish’s take on the food from Futurama. very light and crispy.

15 Likes

200w (5)

12 Likes

2024 Olympics mascot revisited.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Wait, where’s the dog?

11 Likes

IMG_7434
Sloppy Joes.

My earliest memory of something is that I cooked myself as a tween.
From a cookbook for kids. I wish I could remember what it was titled.

What was the first go-to food you made?

13 Likes