Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Cook bacon in it.

4 Likes

thegenderal

grantofalltrades
donā€™t know but you pissed it off

merelygifted
Iā€™m afraid to ask what it is

9 Likes

Good Luck Charlie What GIF

10 Likes

WHAT ARE THESE-199x355

What are these? Does anyone here know? They look so cool, pretending to be potatoes!

The gif came from a now defunct European blogging site, one whose population was mostly German speakers and Poles.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve seen many variations of stuffed potatoes and potato dumplings, but what on Earth is that?

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m asking. tophat-biggrin Itā€™s apparently a roll masquerading as a potato, and it has some kind of filling. Poppyseed maybe? I havenā€™t a clue.

5 Likes

Deforms pretty much like a Germknƶdel and looks like one on the inside too - but the potato skin?

9 Likes

Thatā€™s Heston Blumenthal levels of deception. Nice.

7 Likes

Someone overcooked their custard!

5 Likes

Look like European bao zi.

6 Likes

But how did they manage that perfect potato skin finish?

6 Likes

Edible paint? Maybe made from the same stuff as the filling? (Poppyseed, Iā€™m guessing.)

6 Likes

@NukeML - you could makeā€¦

7 Likes

Bacon 2

Bacon 4
Yes, itā€™s a flash drive

Bacon 3

7 Likes

Yes, the jalapeƱos that get the ā€œ sugar ā€œ marks on them like watermelon, seem to be hotter.:hot_pepper:

6 Likes

Nothing worse the bad Uni.
Luckily we get very fresh stuff here on the ā€œleft coast ā€œ.
Always ask if the uni is fresh, a reputable place will tell you. If not, never eat there again. Sushi restaurants will never smell like fish. If they do, run! It will save you from the runs later.:sushi:

7 Likes

This was a proper place, and many years ago I was a regular with my friend, we ate loads of sushi, sashimi and had tried everything. The guy who had us try it said it was very much a love or hate thing, and I love fishy stuff and Iā€™m also not opposed to mollusks.

6 Likes

I think a wash of some kind. Possibly soy sauce, something similar or just any appropriate darker liquid and the ā€œdirtā€ flecks i could imagine can be some kind of spice/seasoning powder that is in the wash

9 Likes
8 Likes

The kid wanted to bake pumpkin pie.

Pumpkin pie tarts, with a panko crumb bottom, largely because itā€™s faster than making pie dough.

Came out pretty well.

10 Likes