Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

200w

11 Likes

Panna cotta for sharing, with raspberries, balsamic vinegar, and toasted almonds

I wanted something easier to transport, so I used a 2-qt bowl instead of the usual individual ramekins. But, I think the larger bowl needed much longer chilling time. It was still just a little bit runny after 6 hours in the fridge. But the leftovers were the perfect consistency the next day.

17 Likes

I wish you had posted this earlier. I had no idea what 8D in today’s New York Times crossword was. But that’s what it was.

11 Likes

A nice little raspberry tartlette with chocolate ganache and whipped cream. An easy summer dessert because the shells are store bought, but making tart shells is all that hard, I just didn’t have time.

13 Likes

Tofu curry. A disturbance in the force was felt in
Índia and Japan.

15 Likes

I found the name for the wonderful Farmers market tomatoes:
Crushed heart tomatoes!

17 Likes

Other good finds today.

13 Likes

From Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

Indiana Jones GIF by Mashable

8 Likes

Gotta have heart!:heart:

4 Likes

Seems a bit pricey… There is a cheaper version in the words, but for now that’s just something on Kickstarter.
I’m not saying it’s a subscription model, but it is much more convenient for the casual homebrewer to buy the ingredients from iGulu and wave their RFID tags at the machine.
Also, the “master” mode costs extra.
(Did someone whisper “Juicero” just now?)

4 Likes

Buttermilk pancakes, with raspberry, corn and peach. The chocolate ones vanished before I could photograph.

12 Likes

Look like they have a relative in cuore di bue (ox heart) tomatoes:

16 Likes

Yes! Very little juice. A lot of meat.
As Julia Child would say: “ tomatoey “.

12 Likes

Good choice for a caprese, or other summer salads.

10 Likes

Not saying I’m known for my love of heirloom tomatoes, but this was a birthday gift last year from one of my kids:

16 Likes

heirloom tomatoes are a thing of beauty and wonderment. that said, i do not like, nor will i eat raw tomatoes of any kind.
heresy, i know.
but just looking at that very lovely candle… i can smell it from here! and it IS a very lovely candle!

13 Likes

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Dawnie Marie

13 Likes

Still 90F/32C here in Upper Hell on this “fall holiday weekend” but I baked a cake anyway:

Plum cake with a streusel topping. Not a proper Zwetchgenkuchen, but it’s yum in a different way. A dollop of whipped cream as dessert tonight, naked as breakfast tomorrow.

17 Likes

Don Caprese

8 Likes

Paramount Network Denim GIF by Yellowstone

8 Likes