Harvey hits hard, TX governor issues mandatory evacuations as 'catastrophic flood' risks loom

His tweet is a day old, it’s not up by mistake. He’s deliberately maintaining the disinformation.

5 Likes
16 Likes
3 Likes

Glad to hear you’re alright. All we’ve had is street flooding so far. Nothing up in the house. Those tornado alarms were going off every half hour last night.

7 Likes

It’s good to hear you’re okay.

I keep checking with my ex in Houston via text; so far, no major damage right where he is, either.

7 Likes

i’m about 3 hours north of houston and we’ve had only an inch of rain so far.

5 Likes

Glad you’re safe.

5 Likes

Everyone I know is safe, if only for now. I’ve had a few friends that were evacuated by boat to a safe area.

I’m in a post-Allison development that is on relatively high ground. Outside the occasional tornado warning this is just extremely boring and that is about it.

7 Likes

That is the America I believe in. They are the regular people who make it great.

9 Likes

What about those too poor to evacuate?

6 Likes

Beats the alternative!

2 Likes

“You’re doing a heckofa job, Brownie.”

When you’re poor you die. Poor people don’t spend money at Trump properties; they don’t matter.

1 Like

Someone should have done an Uber Canoe app. :sunglasses:

Roüüboat?

2 Likes

???

4 Likes

Are buses made available when evacuations become mandatory? If not, how do people without cars evacuate? Wouldn’t mass transport be preferable to individual vehicles anyway, in order to smooth out traffic flow?

1 Like

I think that’s actually his idea of being supportive.

What a twunt.

8 Likes

Apologies for replying to myself, but I think I’ve just found the answer to half my question. (would be very happy to hear thoughts from happy mutants in the area).

From the Washington Post:

"Officials later reported more than 100 deaths connected to Hurricane Rita — and at least 60 of those deaths were linked the evacuation itself, according to a 2006 report to the Texas House of Representatives.

Dozens were injured or died of heat stroke waiting in traffic for nearly a full day. Fights broke out on clogged highways. A charter bus carrying people from a nursing home exploded on the side of Interstate 45, killing 24 people inside."

3 Likes

Trying to claim credit for what the DSA etc are doing.

1 Like