Harvey Weinstein's "life ruined", his lawyer complains

I had to stop reading, Im fucking sick.

But it did remind me of wondering what will really happen to poor ol’ Harvey, and my guess is he will be just fine with his millions and his piece of shit friends are still going to be his piece of shit friends.

7 Likes

But also the people who are swayed by the me too going too far argument…

9 Likes

I can answer this one. Some years ago a very famous soccer player in Brazil had a lover and they had a kid together. He got increasingly hostile, she not only had a no approach order but filmed herself saying that if she died it was him.

This story ended with him, together with his “best friend” killing, hacking her body into pieces and FEEDING IT TO THE DOGS of said friend.

This guy was totally imprisoned but he got out of jail thanks to his supposed “good behavior” cof money cof

His life should be totally ruined, right?

He’s playing soccer again. Despite everything. His life wasn’t ruined AT ALL.

THIS is what will happen to Weinstein. He may have a couple of bad years, then it’s business as usual.

17 Likes

tumblr_p16urk2qpZ1vaqoiqo1_400

Ugh…

17 Likes

One of the first responses to that thread, while it was couched as a request for corroboration, stated doubt about Ms. Bedera’s account of her research. I know perfectly well how accurate her report is, because the daughter of a family friend of ours went through exactly the same thing. The blowback has gone all the way through her family and beyond. My daughter was accepted at that university, and our response was, “Oh, hell no!”

Meanwhile, her abuser has failed up.

11 Likes

"…and he never gets to be Harvey Weinstein ever again.”
What a lucky break for him! Not to mention decent people everywhere.

3 Likes

Got caught, facing consequences, sounds right to me. His life was supposed to be ruined as a result of his actions.

2 Likes

I remember the story, but not his name (as it should be, there should be no publicity for him after what he did.)

There is a player in England who was sent to prison for statutory rape and grooming while playing at Sunderland, he’s trying to start his career again after getting out of prison earlier this year. He is generally despised by British football fans now so hopefully no-one will sign him, but there is that fear that someone will attempt to.

7 Likes

hes a special boy

2 Likes

The way it played here, there was a lot of noise being made about not hiring him and how he was radioactive, no one would touch him yada yada until the news cycle cooled down a bit then a team made an offer. People got obviously angry but the talking heads at the team rolled out the “he did his time” card and it was very effective.

I don’t think there’s a woman in this entire country that doesn’t feel like shit knowing that this is what happens to predators. It doesn’t help having a scumbag as president. It’s a collective sense of one’s life not mattering at all.

8 Likes

I’m not sure that even the Heart of Gold can reach those levels of improbability.

3 Likes

Let’s ruin it some more! Even more!

2 Likes

Not to mention all the ruined lives he caused as well…

3 Likes

The poor man is down to his last 50 million. Hasn’t he suffered enough?
HELL NO!

3 Likes

A friend of mine made a very compelling case that someone like Weinstein has to have their “life ruined.” Not even in retribution or as a deterrent. When a person drives drunk we eventually take away their licence. They are a danger to society and their car is their weapon. A person like Weinstein is a danger to society and Weinstein’s position of power is their weapon. Weinstein should never be in charge of anyone again.

12 Likes

From that Twitter thread, a useful graphic:

18 Likes

I can just imagine some apologist claiming that “for every five convicted rapists there is one falsely accused”…lies, damned lies, and statistics.

12 Likes

All the profound predators of the past decade - Sandusky; Nasser; Weinstein - did as much of what they did, for as long as they did, and to as many as they did, because the were harbored and abetted.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.