Have you seen the entire Mr. Creosote sketch from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life?

The liver scene was the one too gratuitous for me.

3 Likes

Dangnabit! Was yerning for something new left out scene or at lest a blooper.

Cleese is awesome wiping the vomit off the menu then placing it under his arm.

3 Likes

Several times. I loved that movie as a teenager.

Just one wafer thin mint?

2 Likes

“The Meaning of Life” was my first exposure to splatter and extreme gore before ever seeing a horror movie.

I remember I found it hilarious as a kid, it has a guy vomiting and exploding all over the place.

2 Likes

Yes I have and I’ve regretted it ever since.

If it helps, there’s also “women don’t exist” and “British men are secretly gay.” But yes, all of British culture is about class. Not so much wealth, though, that’s different, and usually used to indicate how terrible the lower orders are, even when they somehow accumulate cash.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Which was a lot, judging by the last bit with the throat clear bounciness on parade business.

1 Like

?

sparechars

I dare say it’s this:

NSFW bounciness

5 Likes

Most of those women probably have grandchildren by now. Imagine finding out your gran was in a Monty Python film, and then watching that bit :wink:

3 Likes

That’s Benny Hill, that is. Is there yakety sax?

1 Like

For a whole generation of German-speaking Europeans, “Das Wunder der Liebe” was the film during people got up and left. It showed, for the first time in German-speaking cinema, a woman giving birth. Full frontal.

For me, personally, Baise moi was the first time I saw people leave in disgust.

The Pythons, as far as I remember, didn’t cause that kind of reaction.

3 Likes

Oh well yes, barf and such was very funny as a kid (I still laugh hard when he just starts puking on the cleaning lady as she’s cleaning up the earlier puke), but I knew there was quite a lot going over my head. My kid logic kept stating: “look, he’s barfing all over the place, why aren’t they throwing him out? What is the rest of the joke here?” not getting the entire concept of “the customer is always right, rich and important customers even more so” until much later.

On the other hand, my eight-year old self found “The Crimson Permanent Assurance” short film wonderful, and almost immediately constructed an office building with sails and cannons out of Lego.

1 Like

Well, it is fun to charter an accountant.

2 Likes

I remember seeing this movie with my friend Andy back in highschool. He and I were laughing hysterically from the audacity of this scene and the fact that other people in the theater were staring at the two of us, shocked, made it all the more funny.

2 Likes

. . .and sail the wide accountant-seas!

5 Likes

To find, explore the funds offshore…

1 Like

and skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!

1 Like