He 'fumed.' Trump's unhinged anger drove decision to fire FBI's Comey, WaPo reports— citing 30+ sources

That’s… that’s fucking beautiful, man.

/wipes tear

4 Likes

George W. Bush was stupid and criminally incompetent but didn’t appear to be a fundamentally evil man. He didn’t personally and repeatedly attack the mother of a dead veteran even when she said mean things about him. He publicly apologized after he inadvertently made fun of a disabled reporter. He made a point of asking Americans to reach out and support our fellow citizens of Muslim faith within days of 9/11. He seemed to genuinely love his wife and family. He was terrible at his job but not necessarily a terrible human being.

Trump is just evil.

40 Likes

So what you’re saying is that Trump is the worst aspects of Bush and Putin in one shit sandwich? Evil and stupid?

I agree.

11 Likes

The thing is, if he was helped by Russia during the election, I’m not sure it would actually damage him. It was an open secret anyway. So what is he so paranoid about?

2 Likes

He can’t imagine anyone else being smarter than him, because psychopaths fundamentally lack an accurate theory of mind.

14 Likes

Yeah, that’s my thought as well. He won the election, all of him and only him. Proof of outside influence might damage his enormous vanity.

6 Likes

It certainly looks like Trump and/or his closest advisers are mortally terrified about something Russia-related that they fear will come out. And it seems to me that it’s not going to be anything merely embarrassing or illegal, but something big and ugly and impossible to justify, even to the most fanatic Trumpeters.

13 Likes

I don’t think so. Although there are a lot of ideas floating around, we don’t actually know whether it’s oil related (hence Tillerson), political, scandal, sanctions busting or straight financial. My guess is it’s going to be sanctions related to property investments. But there are many other options.

2 Likes

Since Russia openly invested money in european far-right parties (Front National, FPÖ), I assume this is the big thing. That, and the DNC hacks - mysteriously, Macron was also hacked just days before the election. I wonder…

5 Likes

Wow,
Imagine what can be done once Disney buys the Statue of Liberty.

5 Likes

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

10 Likes

Read somewhere Comey was also investigating Trumps assistance from Russia. The prime reason he has been kicked out.

2 Likes

That’s assuming that the RF has only one mode of attack.
The benefits to the RF of a Trump presidency were obvious; reduction of US status in the world, confusion in Washington making it hard to co-ordinate response to events, and thus facilitating whatever the Kremlin decided to do next. The personal benefit to Putin was making him look good in comparison.
But there would have been benefits from an HRC presidency. It would continue the institutional weakness of having two houses opposed to the President. HRC would have the same problem as Obama, with old alleged scandals replacing the “birther” issue.
Basically for the RF, the US election was a lose/lose affair, which is why I tend to suspect that the Trump issue is around personal dealings rather than global politics. As Mark Twain said, when they say it isn’t about the money, it’s about the money.

6 Likes

The bull was installed in 1989
The movie dates from 1968

“Reince Priebus”? Has America run out of names?

8 Likes

I don’t understand the utility in firing him. It’s not like this goes away and you lose you opportunities to undermine someone whose judgement is already suspect after the email shenanigans in the late campaign.

All it does is strengthen the hand of those who oppose him.

3 Likes

Sounds like something George Lucas would come up with, I always thought

8 Likes

It checks out:

Admiral Priebus, Star Destroyer fleet 19 has entered the system and awaits your further orders.

10 Likes

My suspicion is that Trump’s real estate empire was built on shell companies laundering Russian money and he was aware and complicit. I think he has surrounded himself with those of similar ilk.

I have no direct evidence of that, but as I said elsewhere on bbs, people are picking away at the threads that will unravel the mystery.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Russians have other dirt on him (of a personal nature) as well.

5 Likes

5 Likes