Help determine this year's Hallowe'en Candy Hierarchy

6 Likes

I’ve always loved licorice, although I’m not partial to the cheap US stuff now that I’ve tried real licorice from other places. The really wonderful thing about allsorts, though, is that you get a variety of flavors. Maybe a lot of people don’t like licorice alone, but it seems pretty popular as a flavor that plays well with others.

2 Likes

Didn’t vote for it, but my wife is somehow convinced that I love candy corn – the fact that I actually eat the big bag/tub that she gets me every year doesn’t help my case when I tell her that I don’t really care for it all that much…
Damn you poor impulse control! (and depression-era-parents that instilled “don’t let it go to waste” into my noggin).

5 Likes

Strongly disagree with you there. A lot of cheap chocolates are waxy (US) or chalky (central America). I have tried some chocolate candies from Europe and Asia also. I can’t even rate Toblerone in the worst 50%, there is so much filler pseudo-chocolate out there. The dark Toblerone in the black package I do rather enjoy, I wish more places around here offered this variety.

4 Likes

Nothing says “I forgot to buy any vacation chocolates for the office” like Toblerone does.

But it’s still a million times better than anything Hershey’s have ever made. Mind you, diarrhoea is a million times better than anything Hershey’s have ever made, so perhaps that’s not saying much.

6 Likes

Then you may certainly have my share, I give it to you with glee!

I’m your fuckleberry.

I love the stuff, when reasonably fresh (<18 months old) and made by the right company.

And the pumpkin-shaped things made outta candy-corn essence are damn good, too.

We go through this every year, Rob. My heels are dug in on this.

8 Likes

Calumny. Necco wafers taste like unsweetened sidewalk chalk. I’ve used them as valve shims on a Jaguar 4.2L straight-six engine. Once they’ve been soaked in 30-weight and broken in for 1,000 miles or so, I find they slide down the throat easier.

6 Likes

I suspect my diarrhea is worse than yours. Just sayin’, I’ll swallow actual Hershey’s over Hershey Squirts any day of the week.

With a smile. A big, brown, goopy, leaking smile.

2 Likes

4 Likes
6 Likes

It broke my heart when Hershey bought Cadbury. Not only did I prefer Cadbury, but not long before the takeover they had some fantastic commercials, like this one:

2 Likes

In the states Panda Licorice seems pretty real – at least, it’s flavored with botanicals (although I think it’s most anise, as opposed to, well, licorice).

Don’t matter to me, I’m giggling like a fool over here.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. Good licorice is awesome.

For the win. (But this stuff is from New Zealand.)

I will trade anyone my Snickers, Mounds, Twix, or toffee chews for your Gummi (Haribo, preferably), Tangy Taffy, Now & Laters, Crunch, or Switzer’s Cherry Bites.

I will also trade my (corner) icing for your cake. Even the roses.

1 Like

I’m sharing for raisons…

Via:Hi, I’m Liz

6 Likes

Season/holiday-appropriate, linked from a site called “Hi, I’m Liz”, and a raison/raisin pun…you have outdone yourself, sir!!!

1 Like

You missed one…

Granted, you have to read between the lines: He was out trick or treating with his cousin :trollface:

I LOVE CANDY CORN!!! Screw you @Beschizza

5 Likes