Here's the trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie featuring a digitally de-aged Harrison Ford

OK, since you seem so intent on going to war over the “Crystal Skull was vastly superior to Temple of Doom” hot take let’s lay out our top five iconic moments (in no particular order) from each film and see how they stack up against each other.

I’ll go first:

clubobiwan
indy_cuts_bridge
indy-beating-heart
mine-cart
spike-room

6 Likes

I see what you did there.

imhotep-the-mummy

8 Likes

From everything I’ve read the leading lady is his god daughter so maybe he still is married.

Karen Allen made this statement in August 21 at a Raiders 40th anniversary event so maybe she makes an appearance.

“I have been asked not to speak about any involvement.”

1 Like

Right? Temple of Doom is fucking awesome, ya weenies! It’s not only waaay better than Skull it’s better than - HOT TAKE - Crusade!

That’s right, you heard me!

5 Likes

While Sean Connery is definitely a big plus as compared to the big minus of Kate Capshaw (her character, nothing against her performance per se), I still prefer Doom to Crusade. So long since I’ve seen either that it’s hard to be specific about why, but I recall Crusade showing a very definite slipping into formula.

1 Like

But at least it’s a formula that works well.

6 Likes

Wow, not used to seeing Reddit levels of contrarian edge around here. I can’t imagine thinking Temple of Doom was not only worse than Crystal Skull, but significantly worse. Clearly, there’s no accounting for taste.

As for the, uh, Dial of Destiny (really?), punching Nazis means I’m in.

1 Like

Finally, an action we can all agree on.

5 Likes

Still, a person would have to be a pretty determined Nazi-puncher if they were still making it part of their regular routine by 1969. I wonder if Indy took his holidays in Argentina just to make sure he didn’t lose his edge.

4 Likes

Captain America seems to have managed it.

8 Likes

If we have learned nothing else over the last 77 years it’s that Nazis are not bound by time or space, but not in a cool scifi way

5 Likes

“There will always be Nazis to punch” isn’t the life lesson we wanted but it’s what we got.

8 Likes

e546ed4870671b6d5686504425b4831a

5 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Satisfying Call Me GIF

5 Likes

I suppose slipping on a bar of soap could radically alter one’s destiny, but still a pretty odd choice.

ETA:clearly I let the page sit a while and did not refresh before posting a joke someone else already made.

2 Likes

… stargate controller?

4 Likes

Sure, he could sub for Daniel Jackson on SG-1.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine Indy and O’Neill on the same SG team. They’d either be unstoppable or they’d never get anything done, and I can’t decide which.

2 Likes