Here's the trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie featuring a digitally de-aged Harrison Ford

I’ll probably end up watching it on the small screen, even if just to spot how many of the scenes were filmed in places I know. Judging from the trailer, there’s plenty of Glasgow in there!

1 Like

Gotta say…that theme always does it for me.

2 Likes

I don’t know…the de-aging does a pretty good job on your gif:

db504ceab157418d4b36b4f7f5935def (1)

8 Likes

Does that fly-by-night site have any cache in revealing breaking info? Because I found it hysterical they’re basing their “worse than thought” view on 4chan posts, which, as we all know, are a font of investigative journalism. /s

Arguably Uncharted (2022) could be that IP… though it’s more directly inspired by its own video game source material which in turn is more inspired by the Tomb Raider franchise (which itself is inspired in part by Indy) rather than the deeper source roots of Indy. Unfortunately, critical response to the the Uncharted movie wasn’t exactly glowing, though it wasn’t damning either.

In the minority, maybe, but not alone. I agree about Temple and Skull.

1 Like

John Williams’ absolute finest, for my money (and he had so many fine works)

1 Like

De-aging or no de-aging, it doesn’t change the fact that Harrison Ford is still a whopping 43 years up on his leading lady, Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Rooster Teeth Reaction GIF by Achievement Hunter

4 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks “Dial of Destiny” sounds like a Weird Al parody of an Indiana Jones movie?

“It’s the 1980s and Indy is hunting for his favorite cartoons on the TV, but then Nazis happen!”

7 Likes

Is Jones not still with Marian Ravenwood? You know, the lady he statutorily raped when she was 15 but temporarily made nice with years later when he impregnated her and ran off, then eventually married a few decades after that? Huh. Who would have thought that relationship would have problems?

4 Likes

Okay, but I haven’t convinced everyone they’re wrong yet.

1 Like

1 Like

I can think of at least one other franchise that did that but it’s a couple decades old too now.

7 Likes

I never watched the National Treasure films but the previews sure made them look like the same kinda story and look, just somehow even less plausible. And there’s always the Tomb Raider franchise.

1 Like

Come on, Last Crusade was a great movie.

4 Likes

Robin Hood Disney GIF

3 Likes

Man, The Mummy was such a great movie. I know it’s been out for ages now, but it at least shows that original IPs can be fun.

Also the Uncharted movie i didn’t watch because i couldn’t see how it could improve on just how amazing the games are.

3 Likes

Thank you. This one’s always near the top of my list of Raider’s flicks. My ranking of Indiana Jones movies goes:

1. Raiders
  2. Last Crusade
  3. The Mummy
  4. The Adventures of Tintin
  5. The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec
  6. Crystal Skull
  7. Taking a walk listening to birds and squirrels
  8. Waiting for pasta water to boil
  9. A nice long nap
  10. Temple of Doom
3 Likes

It was fun but I wouldn’t call it an “original” IP either since it was a remake of a classic Universal horror movie that had already spawned at least five sequels/“re-imaginings.”

3 Likes

It wasn’t really trying to emulate the original movie, it was playing in its own sandbox that just happened to have shared thematic elements and felt like they were having so much fun making it. On the other hand this new Indy movie just seems terribly stale to me with a lot of fan service, ultimately i don’t wish for the movie to fail and i hope it’s ok. More movies that aren’t a sequel to something is something i want to see more of :sweat:

1 Like