Here's the weirdest, scariest stuff Trump said at 77-minute 'I’m not ranting and raving' meltdown

The video’s already down.

Here tis:

9 Likes

18 Likes

Shit-Gibbon is close enough.

8 Likes

I would be so happy, because a) America wouldn’t be in the hands of a hate monger, its honour being degraded, which is an actual pain in my insides, and b) . . . ALL THE Bs, in fact, eventually Andy Kaufman would be like “OK, bored of that now, I won’t ever do the tRump skit again, no matter how many people expect it” and be off doing something else wonderful and ignoring the cries of wonder and amazement at how he had made the part real.
So we would have him back, and tRump gone, win/win by any standard you care to name.

7 Likes

Since he obviously thinks he can do no wrong, it’s clear that F&F must never hit him. Therefore, the rest of the sentence is moot…

5 Likes

Logic, to the rescue!

First, let’s break the sentence down into an easier to parce format. I’ve replaced the main subjects with a variable coding:

And I have to say, Fox & Friends in the morning, they’re very honorable people. They’re very — not because they’re good, because they hit me also when I do something wrong.

“… I have to say, F&F are HP. They are very [HP]. Not because they are G, because they HM when IDSW.”

So, seeing it in this format, F&F are HP because they HM when IDSW, not G:

“Fox & Friends are honorable people because they hit me when I do something wrong, not because they are good people.”

Let’s all be honorable people to Agent Orange. I’ll go first :smiling_imp:

10 Likes

I love it when he went on this rant about how Hillary gave the Russians 20% of our uranium (a lie), and then said, condescendingly, “You know what uranium is, right?” But then kind of lost his ability to be condescending by immediately following that up with, “It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.” Which rather indicates he doesn’t know what uranium is.

Then there was this beauty:
“Obamacare is a disaster, folks. It’s a disaster. You can say oh, Obamacare. I mean — they fill up our alleys with people that you wonder how they get there, but they are not the Republican people that are representatives they are representing.”

I think “alleys” is supposed to be “rallies.” But this is fucking crazy, because he must be talking about protesters (or rather, people just wanting to keep health insurance) at town hall meetings. That’s grotesque enough, but to then explicitly say, “These are people who didn’t vote for the candidate, so they don’t have to listen to them” is both wrong and insane - and highly reflective of how he thinks. Given he didn’t get the popular vote, and certainly not in certain states, it indicates how he’s going to try to screw over those states, if it’s in his power.

What I love about his “I’m not antisemitic” was that it was such a vehement, angry response to a question about what his administration was going to do about the hate crimes going on, having been very careful to make it clear they weren’t accusing him of being antisemitic. Then he later followed that up by claiming that all of the people with racist messages were actually Democrats pretending to be his supporters. Which is insane - on the one hand, he’s unwilling to denounce acts of racism by his supporters or renounce racist groups that support him, and on the other, he denies that they’re even his supporters.

He seems to be trying to say that he doesn’t consider them “honorable” people because they’re always nice to him/agree with him (because, he claims, they don’t, which… ok, sure, whatever). But he lets slip that his notion of “good” is “always agrees with me and never challenges me.” Which we already knew, really.

32 Likes

Exactly. I’d love to see a large number of influential people telling him publicly that no, you don’t represent just the Republicans. You represent all of the U.S., and damn well need to start acting like it.

17 Likes

My colon is on the job.

31 Likes

I’ve taken up spitting when I say his name. As an anti-honorific.

15 Likes

Was that “but” actually said? Its absence/presence colors the meaning, imho. (I’m loathe to actually watch the video.)

3 Likes

To drain the swamp of corruption in Washington, D.C., I’ve started by imposing a five-year lobbying ban on White House officials and a lifetime ban on lobbying for a foreign government.

Whenever his “lobbying ban” comes up it is worth pointing out a few things:

1. He eliminated the Obama era ban on lobbyists coming into the government and working for agencies that they had previously lobbied.
  2. Clinton had a similar ban on government appointees becoming lobbyists, he cancelled it at the end of his term thus making it completely meaningless. Trump can do that too.
  3. Obama had a 2-year ban (in fact trump’s ban is basically just obama’s ban with the 2 scratched out and replaced with a 5). Obama did not cancel his ban.

This complaint about the press I think really laid bare his inner child:

See, I know when I should get good and when I should get bad. And sometimes I’ll say, “Wow, that’s going to be a great story.” And I’ll get killed.

I know what’s good and bad. I’d be a pretty good reporter, not as good as you. But I know what’s good. I know what’s bad. And when they change it and make it really bad, something that should be positive — sometimes something that should be very positive, they’ll make OK. They’ll even make it negative.

He’s literally whining “why don’t you love me?” “I do good things and you say they are bad because you don’t love me.” Whiner in Chief.

26 Likes

Nice catch!

I accidentally added a “but” in there. It didn’t effect the logical output though.

EDIT: Thinking about it, if I would have correctly output my incorrect “but” input, it would have created a logical conjunction, which would have painted the meaning as you were feeling.

First-order logic is pretty sweet. Hope someone in the WH learns about it sometime.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA! “The Man Who Knew Too Much” is on Turner Classic Movies right now!

I love coincidental irony.

10 Likes

The press usually doesn’t even judge what he says and does. He’s blaming the press for something that the general public is doing.

I’d like to see him go off on his “constituency” for not liking him. Now that’d be entertaining.

10 Likes

http://www.sinfest.net/btphp/comics/2017-02-16.gif

31 Likes

His new clothes are the greatest. Don’t you think?

13 Likes

“Trump’s Fucking Wall,” as former Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto Vicente Fox calls it

FTFY.

My response to Xeni:

Also, loving the URL title of the page:

boingboing.net/2017/02/16/ holy-shiyat-he-crazy .html

12 Likes

He is still extremely dangerous, though. He needs to go now.

14 Likes

Didn’t he recently have a call with Putin?

27 Likes