Here's the weirdest, scariest stuff Trump said at 77-minute 'I’m not ranting and raving' meltdown

Fact checking him is so goddam easy, it’s insulting.

We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan.

Yeah, sure, as long as you don’t count both Obama elections, both Clinton elections, and H. W. Bush’s election.

21 Likes

Hillary’s campaign wants you to think he did. Sad!

/trump

8 Likes

Some people can guess wrong about things they know, somehow. It’s not mental illness, is just bad character.

5 Likes

His pathological bullshitting is worse than lying. A liar tries to remember his lies and adheres to them and, if really good at lying, keeps the lie as close to the truth as possible. Trump bullshits everything, doesn’t remember what he’s said because it never matters, and his followers will never care that it’s all bullshit. It’s like 1984 except big brother doesn’t have to create a culture of fear to get you to believe in the latest version of the truth because all the party members will blindly eat any of the bullshit that’s put on their plate.

31 Likes

So what’s this about a “movement”? This smells like cult stuff.

11 Likes

Turds of a feather.

14 Likes

That’s funny, his speeches remind me of people who say a word over and over until it loses all semantic meaning and just becomes this weird vibrating noise emanating from their throat hole.

24 Likes

It’s like watching the love child of Brother Theodore and Professor Irwin Cory.

6 Likes

And he has no business there. They laundered it through Panama.

4 Likes

That’s the term she used in describing what I don’t get about the POTUS’s agenda.

The cheap joke, of course, is that it’s a bowel movement. But that’s just too easy.

10 Likes

Why can’t it be both?

4 Likes

He thinks people still have to wait until the next day to see headlines. Duuuuuuuuude. He really misses the 20th century.

28 Likes

It goes contrary to Trump’s fundamental instinct, which says that everyone who didn’t actively support you is an “enemy” that needs to be destroyed. I don’t think it’ll sink in. I think he’s a man who will hate - and try to sabotage - over half the country while he remains in office.

14 Likes

The guy is illiterate. The only thing he knows about print media is what they say about it on TV.

24 Likes

Semi-related tangent:

My honours thesis was in the field of psycholinguistics. During the research for that, there was a period when I spent three months listening to a couple of four-word sentences repeated thousands of times, examining them for speech production errors (I was looking at stuttering and methods to artificially induce it).

Often, when trying to characterise a speech error, I would isolate and loop a single word or phoneme. Do this enough, and you start to notice something very weird: if you loop an isolated phoneme, it very rapidly stops sounding like human speech at all.

I don’t just mean that it was unintelligible nonsense. Looped phonemes turn into clicks and hisses and whistles of the sort that you’d expect from an insectoid alien in a SF film.

It’s a startlingly clear demonstration of just how much of human speech perception is psychologically constructed. The words you hear have very little in common with the actual physical soundwave.

36 Likes

No mention of this?

20 Likes

“I have been briefed. I and I can tell you, one thing about a briefing that we’re allowed to say, because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it, nuclear holocaust would be like no other.”

That’s not the scariest thing? Someone had to reinforce that nuclear holocaust is bad in a briefing.

21 Likes

Also keep in mind his standard litigation strategy: it doesn’t matter if he loses, just so long as he can bankrupt the other side in the process.

If he thinks he’s going down, he will try and take the country down with him.

26 Likes

Oh yes, the one that got me so much I couldn’t think of a damned thing to type, my jaw dropped and I just laughed uproariously.

9 Likes

8 Likes