Here's why Elizabeth Warren said NOPE to a Fox News town hall

I’m not sure about the efficacy of this poll. Just sharing. If it is complete bunk let everyone know in a reply and I will update the post to reflect.

Straw Poll

1 Like

Is that a poll of just Daily Kos readers? If so, that’s a pretty skewed sampling pool.

I’m seeing elsewhere that Biden is way, way ahead of any other Dem candidate at the moment.

The latest Morning Consult poll finds Biden at 39 percent (statistically the same as last week’s survey), Sanders at 19 percent (also the same) with Sens. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) at 8 percent and Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 6 percent.

5 Likes

I took it and I’m not a regular Daily Kos reader. I was pointed to it by a relative who is (still, unfortunately) on FB.

3 Likes

Anyone can vote. Just need to provide an email to submit your choice. But yes, more likely site regulars will see the poll. According to the comments they have been doing these polls regularly but it’s the first I’ve seen them.

3 Likes

The esteemed Sen Warren is too dignified to engage in mass debating on Fox News.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’ve always thought of that site as pretty centrist in general, so maybe it is a good barometer for general Dem voter opinion? And if so, it’s good to see Warren ahead like that. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Since 2016 I honestly don’t know what to trust anymore. Hence my statement at the beginning in case Daily Kos was some terrible fake factory that I was unaware of.

3 Likes

Looks like Biden, then Sanders, then everybody else in single digits

5 Likes

Sadly so.

It is early, though. Maybe shakeups of some sort will stop the mighty Dem machine from doing what only seems inevitable.

7 Likes

If their plan is to nominate somebody just like Trump, but a Democrat, Biden is pretty close

Maybe we could get Charlie Sheen to start doing drugs again

5 Likes

I’ve heard Sean Penn’s name used in that particular hypothetical a few times.

EDIT: But Charlie Sheen could tell the Fake Cufflinks story at the debates, though.

6 Likes

I’m curious, how do you think Bernie Sanders defeated Fox News here?

His town hall was the most watched town hall on any network, but that just means Fox News got an hour of footage to meme from and got paid to do it. Because while people boo the hosts and cheered Medicare for all the clips are being used to prove what a conservative-hating Jewish hypocrite he is on conservative media. It’s not like Fox News saw the ratings and went out to present progressive politics or that the general audience of Fox’s news became less old, white, or Republican since then.

So in what way is this a win for Sanders? That the places that always talked about him continued to do so? Or is it that his ribs about Fox News are currently being used to prove how disrespectful he is since he went on the network?

9 Likes

Conservative talking points were booed and Sanders got like an hour to advertise on the island of desolate thought. His policies were shown to be overwhelmingly popular in a room where its broken down percentage wise between the various voting blocks.

2 Likes

MAKE AMERICA WIN AGAIN

2 Likes

Oh Charlie. More like whining.

(Can’t say I miss hearing anything at all from him lately.)

4 Likes

Since that’s based on standard polling, i wonder how much it accounts for the lack of landlines (the traditional method of polling) among the younger set.

2 Likes

Good writing. Say it loud.

5 Likes

So, again, what did he win? Bernie got some clips of an audience cheering for his policies and that went around a bit in the typical places, but Bernie didn’t see an impact in his poll numbers nor did anything change at Fox.

Fox News has left the Bernie town hall richer than it left it and has only maintained or gotten more extreme in its right-wing talking points. The literal next morning the same people moderating the debate were gaslighting the audience and it has been echoed and amplified across conservative media.

I’m not seeing the win at all:

12 Likes

After 2016 I don’t actually think polls are worth anything

Whether the problem was the polls or the voting machines, one of those things was not like the other

6 Likes

But but but what about The Hate Community, and The Greed Community, and The Climate Denial Community, etc.? Surely all those people must feel awfully excluded.

[clutches pearls, fanning self with other hand]

/snark

Go git 'em Senator Warren! And thanks for having such backbone!

8 Likes