"High agitated" Trump shouts at NYT reporter asking him about sex assault claims: “You are a disgusting human being”

So Trump is a rampaging Creature from the Id. Got it.

It’s even kind of orange… just like Trump. :grin:

10 Likes

I think Bucky Fuller designed one of those once.

7 Likes

Here in the UK, a story like that would not be published unless the paper’s lawyers had cleared it in advance.

4 Likes

I worry that’ll just turn him on, miss.

Same here for a story this big. Whenever you write a letter asking for a retraction you have to say what they got wrong and why they have to retract it.

You’ll note that this letter provides no corrections about even the most basic facts of the article.

5 Likes

This is going to sound slightly odd, but I’m a little disappointed by Trump. I knew he was a terrible person and I never expected him to be great when it came to the subject of sexism, but I sometimes take comfort in the fact that not all terrible people are secretly rapists or people who sexually assault women.

3 Likes

This is what happens to you when everything has become a reflection of yourself.

1 Like

“Grab 'em by the pussy, you can do anything,” - Trump
“None of this ever took place,” - Trump
One of these is a lie.

4 Likes

Yes and isn’t a lawyer supposed to provide an objective point of view, unlike one that uses words like “false and malicious” rather than "questionable and unproven"and contains a highly opinionated verdict about the NYT? Sounds very emotional and unprofessional to me.

4 Likes

Rampaging Creatures from the Id everywhere demand an apology for being compared to such an undignified, incoherent creature.

3 Likes

That would be if they HAD a case. Since they have no real case they’re reduced to one of those “going to make myself look BIG” displays like cornered animals… Baseless threats are a sign that you have nothing to back them up. They work well against those who are unfamiliar with the legal system and can’t easily afford a legal fight. The NYT has a legal team that are experts at libel law and this sort of fight tends to energize them.

4 Likes

exactly :jack_o_lantern:

Seems he sincerely believes that the appropriate temperament for the office he seeks is loud, blustery, balls-out. A bully, in other words.

Politeness, dignity, diplomacy, measured words… all signs of weakness as far as he’s concerned.

3 Likes

This piece is deserving of the New Yorker.

6 Likes

Aw shucks. Apparently midnight is when my writing shines, so thank you.

2 Likes

It’s not new. It’s related to the I Know You Are But What Am I? retort, which is projection in its simplest form.

The press fact-checks Trump statements and finds most of them to be false. Since Trump can’t seem to reverse-engineer that process, he begins and ends with the conclusion and throws that back, only louder: “WRONG! FALSE! LIES!” Without any evidence or explanation of how he arrived at the conclusion, because he has no evidence or explanation. When he tries to mimic the chain of logic he gets distracted or confused and busts out nonsequiturs. “It’s not me you should be asking about my tax returns. We have to get ISIS!”

Sad!

ISWYDT.

9 Likes
2 Likes

edited to add: fistbump to @L_Mariachi, who also SWYDT

10 Likes

Thanks, that line actually took the most time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

BOOM LOWERED.

“Nothing in our article, has had the slightest effect on the reputation that Mr. Trump, through his own words and actions, has already created for himself.”

10 Likes