Highway to Hell: Trump PAC CEO praises Muslim registry, internment camps

Well, I have been deeply unimpressed by your tendency to dismiss every bit of potential significance, but I hope you were sincere when you spoke of your care about people not getting rounded up and ending up in camps. In which case, this is it: the registry and camps are being discussed. If you have any honesty, then this is the thing you are worried about.

By all means, give it your day or two of thought; I think for many the best response will take more than that. And if you’re very optimistic you can hope for Trump to respond to the calls to denounce the notion of internment, and hopefully the registry he campaigned on. But if that doesn’t happen right away, well, this is all the head’s up you can expect. The very next step would be to start drawing up plans, and next to put them into action, if we continue to wait and see.

As a reminder:

Asked later, as he signed autographs, how such a database would be different from Jews having to register in Nazi Germany, Mr. Trump repeatedly said, “You tell me,” until he stopped responding to the question.
For however much we let happen, how much do you think future generations will wonder whether these were warning signs we missed? "First he came for the Muslims, and I said let's give him a chance" is very different from *never again*. We need *never again*. You've claimed to believe in it, and now are working very hard not to.
18 Likes