Highway to Hell: Trump PAC CEO praises Muslim registry, internment camps

And yet nobody took your guns away.

15 Likes

Which is odd, because we all remember Obama’s campaign promise from the time: “I am going to take all the guns away.” He made so many outrageous statements like that.

13 Likes

That actually goes to his point.

3 Likes

Obama din’t appoint people who said they would. Obama also isn’t a sociopath.

Comparing someone like Trump and someone like Obama would indicate a severe lack of character.

More accurately, complaining that there couldn’t be Muslim internment camps (which plenty have been pushing for) because there were no FEMA death camps (which were a complete fabrication)… come the fuck on.

11 Likes

Sorry, is that ‘come the fuck on’ directed at me, @Mister44 , or just a general one?

I disagree with @Mister44’s idea of people in the ‘middle,’ but upthread he was arguing that people’s fears of the Obama administration proved to be unfounded. Obama not doing a gun grab is an example of the irrational fears that were baseless.

He already stated the Trump programs he is opposed to:

Though he did only say he wasn’t on the middle on these, so it could be interpreted he supports them.

If you can find anywhere it appears I’ve supported these programs please point it out so I can clarify the language to remove any doubts as to my stance.

1 Like

Still can’t find any, unfortunately. Please let me know if you find them.

Middle managers. Clerks. Small business owners. Sales reps. Independent tradesmen (plumbers etc; working class job yes, working class income no).

Not “high” income; lower middle class ain’t that rich.

[quote=“jsroberts, post:94, topic:89687, full:true”]“redneck plebs” did form a large part of his support base.
[/quote]

Never said they didn’t. But those rednecks are outnumbered by the bigoted middle class suburbanites who form the core of Trump’s support.

The evidence so far is that Trump drew essentially the normal GOP base, with the possible substitution of a small part of the aristocratic wing of the GOP (the never-Trumpers) with some far-right non-voters.

3 Likes

That actually happened in Cleveland, where I was also stalked by Southern Baptists who believe that converting a Jew means that they are guaranteed admission into heaven, and when I say “stalked”, I mean that when I left my bubble and started hearing women’s stories of street harassment, I instantly had a basis for sympathy due to their actions.

So, why are you being sympathetic to me, and not to the Muslim women who are having their hijabs ripped off of them by people shouting “Trump!”, to give an example?

20 Likes

One who sincerely believes that internment camps are as unlikely as Obama “taking our guns” and thus not worth any collective concern or scorn.

Even if it’s a smokescreen to grift and privatize the whole nation, such a person would ignore that too.

1 Like

I would guess the huge middle class support for Trump came from the $70-100k camp of white professionals and from small business owners. I am the crazy liberal loon of every group I have worked with in the US because I said taxes have allowed unhealthy money pools, “entitlement” programs remove layers of red tape from critical institutions like healthcare, and education needs a firm federal grip because the (minority of) states have completely fucked it up to almost beyond repair.

The response I get - again from salaried professionals and machine shop owners and such - is that “illegals” are draining their paychecks, terrorists have been “allowed” to run amok, and that they don’t care if federal programs would lower their costs overall if it means the Democrats Republicans are not in power.

EDIT

One of these guys even had several employees through DACA and still said this shit in private. I have not talked to him since before the election.

9 Likes

This is why watching Marine Le Pen is instructive. Her father’s history is also instructive:

[Mr. Jean-Marie] Le Pen focuses on issues related to immigration to France, the European Union, traditional culture and values, law and order and France’s high rate of unemployment. He advocates immigration restrictions, the death penalty, raising incentives for homemakers, and euroscepticism. His controversial speeches and his integration into public life have made him a figure who polarizes opinion, considered as the “Devil of the Republic” among his opponents or as the “last samurai in politics” among his supporters.

The man actually believes that the Nazi collaborationists got a raw deal from history. Nazi-curious if not actually Nazi loud and proud. Or, I’m not saying he’s a Nazi, but he’s a Nazi. But he’s old and hopefully used up, so now his Nazi love is carried on by his telegenic & media-savvy daughter Marine. And her party The National Front.

While her father was nicknamed the “Devil of the Republic” by mainstream media, Marine Le Pen pursued a policy of “de-demonization” of the party by softening its image. She endeavoured to extract it from its far-right cultural roots, and to normalize it by giving it a culture of government, expelling controversial members like her father, who was suspended, and then expelled by his own party in 2015 after he referred, once again, to the Nazi gas chambers as “a point of detail of the history of the Second World War”

Ivanka Trump is practicing to be the dynastic heir to the media throne and the next star of The President Show. (Literal honest-to-god Nazis included at no extra charge!)

8 Likes

I wasn’t worried about guns being taken away. I never said that. I said creation of another AWB. Which was very much a possibility. Just because it didn’t happen doesn’t mean it wasn’t a legit concern.

I am not doing a direct comparison of the presidents. I am comparing people’s FEAR and APPREHENSION.

If you know someone who is genuinely scared or worried about something, it isn’t always based on logic. In fact it often isn’t based on logic. My ex-wife has a ton or irrational fears. Me telling her she shouldn’t have those fears did nothing to alleviate them. Me not validating her emotions did nothing to make anything better. Someone who is afraid of vaccines or wi-fi in the air have their fears based on NOTHING, but that doesn’t make it any less REAL to them.

ETA - right now we also have a huge does of the fear of the unknown. We don’t know how insane or rational this will pan out.

I have already conceded that the fears of Trump’s presidency have more legitimacy than those of Obama’s election based on his words. I hope that 4 years from now we can go, “See, he didn’t build a wall or deport Muslims.” I have even said despite some apprehension of when Obama was elected, I have even more now.

Well, to make it crystal clear, no I don’t support those ideas. In general anything that restricts liberty I am against (though not to some insane measure that being kicked out of Walmart because I have no pants on and covered in sheep’s blood is infringing my First Amendment rights.)

God we are so fucked.

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2016/11/thats-an-impressive-roi

"President-elect Donald Trump has offered the job of national security adviser to former military intelligence chief Michael Flynn, according to a senior Trump official.

[…]

A controversial figure, Flynn has been criticized for regularly appearing on RT, the Russian state-owned television station, and once attended an RT gala, sitting two seats from Russian president, Vladimir Putin. He later said his speaker’s bureau had arranged the trip and that he saw no distinction between RT and TV news organizations like CNN.

Flynn, who wrote in his 2016 book, The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies, that he was “not a devotee of so-called political correctness”.

In February, the general posted on Twitter, “Fear of Muslims is RATIONAL.” Then, in July, he retweeted an antisemitic post mocking the Clinton campaign’s blaming of Russian hackers for leaked emails: “CNN implicated. ‘The USSR is to blame!’ Not anymore, Jews. Not anymore.” Flynn later deleted his retweet and apologized, saying it was a mistake; the tweet about Muslims has not been deleted."

"The man who President-elect Donald Trump will nominate as the 84th attorney general of the United States was once rejected as a federal judge over allegations he called a black attorney “boy,” suggested a white lawyer working for black clients was a race traitor, joked that the only issue he had with the Ku Klux Klan was their drug use, and referred to civil rights groups as “un-American” organizations trying to “force civil rights down the throats of people who were trying to put problems behind them.”

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), an early Trump supporter who has been playing a major role on the Trump transition team, met with the president-elect in New York on Thursday. A former aide to Sessions is managing the Justice Department transition. In a statement, the Trump team said the president-elect was “unbelievably impressed” with Sessions."

11 Likes

You misunderstand. my whole family sees women’s bodily autonomy as an issue that we will surely have to fight for. Again.

So you’re basically saying that some of the fears we have might turn out to be unfounded?

No, I understand perfectly. You’re not willing to take responsibility for helping create a need to fight for women’s bodily autonomy in the first place.

11 Likes

I didnt figure you did, and I thought the ridiculousness of interpreting it that way would make a point.

1 Like

I would be, if it happened. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/10/women-in-hijabs-on-2-campuses-say-they-were-attacked-by-men-invoking-donald-trump/
I am unaware of Jews ever feeling the need to fabricate stories of attacks.
However, nobody should ever stand by and let such things happen. To anyone. I am not terribly keen on Islam, but I absolutely would defend them or anyone else from such harassment.

I did not vote Republican. I voted Democrat in the last two elections. I do not think I need to take responsibility for it.

Sounds like you think the state should keep an eye on its adherents. If so, just how do you think it should do so?

7 Likes

Ah. So you’re asserting that these are all fabricated?

All of them, you say? Because otherwise, you say that you would be defending them.

23 Likes