Highway wolves

Also… no direwolves, yet?

7 Likes

Sometimes it just feels good to find a stretch of empty road and open 'er up.

4 Likes

I would be surprised if what Bram Stoker said is true. Boing Boing’s publisher JLW has a Great Pyrenees, a dog which I believe was bred to protect livestock from predators, I would welcome his opinion on this. I believe such dogs when used as intended would be present in number and of course are associated with a shepherd who may have weapons. The wolves are smart enough not to engage in these circumstances, I would think; not because of risk of death so much as risk of injury . But I dunno. There’s a youtube video of a lone wolf in Kananaskis taking down a bighorn sheep with one bite to the back of it’s neck, then pulling the carcass up a slope with apparent ease. Can’t see any dog I’ve know do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL - what is that from?

2 Likes

Finally saw this. Me and the kiddo both liked it. Looking forward to his Isle of Dogs!

3 Likes

I’m thinking lunch.

ZOMG, you haven’t seen the Mighty Boosh! Look the whole series up and check it out! This episode was called Jungle from the first series:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/mightyboosh/episodes/series1/s1ep5_episode.shtml

Vince Noir is king of the mods, and those are the mod wolves!

This might be the episode, but I can never get vimeo to work with my adblockers, etc:

Here is the specific mod wolves scene:

6 Likes

OH yes - I have, but it has been awhile. Honestly, if you put a gun to my head and made me guess what it was from, I thought it had that vibe…

Fun fact, Andy Blacksugar, who was the new guitarist on tour with KMFDM had on this shirt when I saw them.

3 Likes

A guitarist with taste! I hope they did a cover of eels!

1 Like

I can’t tell if the driver was hand signalling the wolf to indicate how fast they were going, a la Breaking Away.

3 Likes

That’s a big wuffie there. Never thought they got that big.

You see, this is why they need their own highway.

When I couldn’t quite place the shirt, he started signing Eels, lol.

1 Like

wolfear
Wolves can get scary big.

Good they can be friends.

10 Likes

I’d rather go with the proxy

10 Likes

Same here.

8 Likes

Puppers! :smiley:

4 Likes

Auto association = Steppenwolf

3 Likes

I assume you’re asking about the drivers, on behalf of the wolvers?

Scale goes Fraughtwolves, Heinouswolves, Direwolves, Wargs.

2 Likes