Hillbilly Eulogy: JD Vance's approval rating nosedives

Entirely plausible, although yesterday, I “jokingly” told a friend that Trump’s self-proclaimed “BIG INTERVIEW” with Elon meant that Trump was thinking of replacing Vance with Elon. Even though the latter isn’t eligible, but I’m sure the Supreme Court could be convinced that it’s totally O.K. if Elon really wants it.

18 Likes

I had to Google it. I never got on the Harry Potter frenzy (to include books or movies). And I try hard not to criticize a person’s appearance.

But then Miller shows up and right from the off, he just exudes hatred. You say to yourself “no judging”, but then you look at him & go: “This guy’s “The Perfect Host””.

eta: wording.

10 Likes

The Voldemort reference works on more than just appearance. Voldemort was a wizard who started a war between wizards of pure blood against wizards who had muggle (non-wizard) parentage. He thought the wizard world should be kept pure, and that they should rule over non-wizards. And yet, he himself had non-wizard parentage. He was a Jewish Nazi. He also started off working in the shadows, hiding behind others, as Miller hides behind Trump.

27 Likes

cool, thank you!

6 Likes

I have to wonder if Trump might see some positive strategic value in Vance’s negative polls and general negativity.
In relation to Vance, Trump polls higher: a “win” for Trump. And as long as Vance keeps saying gross things, he’s stealing headlines from the Dems.

7 Likes

No, only a Pureblood shall ever be Chief Warlock of the Full Wizengamot.

8 Likes

I will laugh sooo hard if Trump dumps him. I think its too late to do so, but I also thought it was too late for Biden to bow out.

6 Likes

You know the history, I don’t need to say any more.

19 Likes

Deciding directly against the plain language of the Constitution has a price tag, but Elon doesn’t even need to look at the price. He can afford it.

13 Likes

I love this idea, but I still have to wonder if Vance even understands their relative position (re: P vs VP). It’s possible that he sees a woman in what is (in his view) an obvious man’s role, and his tiny little sexist brain gets lock in attack mode.

Which leaves me to wonder how long before JKR starts claiming that Voldemort was simply misunderstood and was really one of the good guys in the series.

13 Likes

Well it’s not like the Ministry of Magic, even without Voldemort, is a bastion of Democracy. There’s also the issue of the enslaved house elves, which everyone except Hermione appears to be just fine with. And, of course, the Jewish…I mean Goblin banking syndicate. Those books are problematic in multiple ways, and I’m a little ashamed I ever liked them.

17 Likes

CYBERTRUCKS FOR ALL THE (CORRECT) JUSTICES!

Although that could solve some problems when said Cybertrucks kill their occupants, as is their wont, but it would still leave Elon in a position to, oh I don’t know, help implement full-on apartheid in the U.S. Or maybe more accurately, implement more apartheid than what we already have.

4 Likes

Mom and I both read much of the Dune series, but it wasn’t until seeing the Sci-Fi channel’s Children of Dune episodes for like the zillionth time that I realized how appallingly sexist it is. green-rolleyes-08 Mom didn’t get it until I explained it to her, and then she was equally horrified.

7 Likes

I wonder if Tromp’s press conference today will be about replacing Vance. :thinking: :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I doubt it’s even occurred to Trump that Musk might not be eligible. After all, the vice president doesn’t really make that much difference, and the president would be Trump himself – who despite everything does not seem to have any real comprehension that he will die someday.

8 Likes

He’s a solipsist: nothing existed before he had awareness and we he dies, everything will simply cease to be. Why would he need to plan for anything after he’s gone?

15 Likes

Is he going to get spit out?

They’ll have a spat and then and he will be well and truly spat out.

2 Likes
14 Likes

The conflict between promoting a guy for VP who’s not eligible based on citizenship requirements vs. some Republicans’ current obsession with ending birthright citizenship would also be the logical conundrum that they absolutely delight in…ignoring.

7 Likes

What made me suspicious about whether a human wrote this was the weird orange-sucking analogy:

I don’t know of anyone who is familiar with oranges who talks that way. “Spitting out the husk?” Oranges have peels, not husks, and even weirdos like Trump don’t consume oranges that way.

19 Likes