Hillbilly Eulogy: JD Vance's approval rating nosedives

ezgif.com-animated-gif-maker

15 Likes

For reals. It seems like someone at Boing Boing has been conducting an experiment to see how long they could publish AI articles under the @EllsworthToohey pseudonym (a name borrowed from an Ayn Rand villain) before someone noticed, but decided to keep it up even after everyone noticed.

16 Likes

Specifically AI articles about JD Vance, for some reason.

11 Likes

People noticed on the very first post lol. The name is an odd choice if you’re trying to make people think it’s a genuine person.

16 Likes

Be sure to give a warm welcome to the next contributor, Emsworth Threehey

10 Likes

I concur:

11 Likes

This forum may be one of the few places on the internet where the chatbot authors outnumber the chatbot commenters.

17 Likes

Then I can’t wait for it to finally be over; as it has not been a success.

That BB seems to be actively leaning in to Enshitification is genuinely disappointing.

21 Likes

I’m glad it’s being pointed out. The last time I tried to comment on it made me feel like I needed to leave for a while.

12 Likes

Many of us have been pointing it out, making complaints, and of course mocking the fuck out of such low effort content; to the point where some of those comments have been moderated.

14 Likes

Surely the villain was Howard Roark, a sociopathic rapist who blows up a building he doesn’t like.

7 Likes

Ayn Rand’s dreck is villains all the way down.

15 Likes

Back on topic, if I may:

19 Likes
17 Likes

I have started recommending to people that they not get santorum on their couch.

16 Likes
11 Likes

Thank you for furnishing that.

9 Likes

… it was an act of chairity

12 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

7 Likes

I think, given our fair and balanced media system, one side claiming Vance is a couch fucker, and he not addressing the controversy, it is OK to split the difference and say that Vance routinely gets to at least second base with his couch.

11 Likes