Hitler wannabe who rioted at Capitol jailed for four years

Originally published at: Hitler wannabe who rioted at Capitol jailed for four years | Boing Boing

7 Likes

From the linked article:

The defendant’s case was spotlighted at a Trump rally earlier this month, at which his adoptive aunt Cynthia Hughes - who raises money on behalf of riot defendants - spoke.

In a letter to support Hale-Cusanelli’s defence, Ms Hughes wrote that he was not a violent person and does not have “a racist bone in his body”.

“As you can clearly see,” she continued, “all of his racism is contained in his hairstyle.”

26 Likes

Aww, was he “just joking” all along? A shame for him that more judges are fed up with that BS tactic.

18 Likes

According to the article, part of his “defense” was that he didn’t even know there was a building called the “Capitol.” One gets the impression the judge was not amused.

23 Likes

For the love of dog, PLEASE do not interpret this as an opportunity for your own Mein Kampf. :angry:

12 Likes

Who gave this guy a security clearance, Major Asshole?

Did he suddenly adopt a seditionist attitude after his clearance was granted? If so should there be (or is there) a process for reviewing clearance periodically and if there is how did it not detect this guy?

Did whoever processed his application for clearance miss his attitude during the review? If so are there changes the government could make to that review process to prevent this from occurring again?

Did whoever processed his application intentionally let him have a clearance despite his attitude? If so should they get investigated and/or fired too, and should all the people to whom they granted clearance be re-reviewed?

21 Likes

So, who did not see this coming?

10 Likes

Timothy Hale-Cusanelli? :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

So, just to remind everyone, this guy was an active-duty person. And this:

One naval officer who was interviewed claimed to recall Hale-Cusanelli saying in an apparent reference to the Holocaust: “Hitler should have finished the job.”

And nobody fucking said a word? This guy is a problem, for sure. But this unnamed naval officer, and the hundreds like him/her who are still in the service, are an absolute cancer on this country.

25 Likes

But you can’t make waves in the navy! /s

21 Likes

I’m getting so tired of saying Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes and F’d Around and Found Out.

10 Likes

I love these guys for their ‘die by suicide in a basement after being completely defeated’ vibe.

11 Likes

He claimed not to know Congress met at the Capitol. He claimed not to know that the electoral tallies were being reviewed that day. Rightfully the judge found this to be abject bullshit. So long, ya cosplayer. Hope jail is a living hell for you.

10 Likes

Next time wear a bowler hat for plausible deniability.

19 Likes

I don’t think any of us do…unless it’s just not labeled?

sarcastic not funny GIF

14 Likes

25 Likes

It might be the baculum. /rimshot

2 Likes

14 Likes

“I thought it was the Reichstag, honest!”

12 Likes

There are other cosplay possibilities

13 Likes