Homophobic anti-mask school board official flips out while resisting arrest

“Are Kids, Are Choice”

[Presuming an adult, far from school age, wrote this.]
Wow. Just wow.

6 Likes

I would like to emphasize Science Hill, KY. The irony is devastating.

23 Likes

One might argue that ‘Science Hill’ and ‘Kentucky’ cancel each other out, leaving just ‘America’.

12 Likes

It sounds like the theoretical justification here isn’t probable cause (that a crime has been committed*) but a property inventory because they are seizing the car and its contents. That’s pretty routine, and like many routine actions wildly abused as an excuse to conduct a search without either permission or warrant.

Actually a crime has been committed (driving with an expired registration) but it is difficult to imagine how a search of the car could locate any evidence of it. Searches, even those with warrants, are SUPPOSED to be narrowly tailored to find evidence of the crime alleged. So if you’re looking for a gun, you can’t open envelopes lying on a desk.

6 Likes

Agent Smith! You’re back! We Missed You. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

“Paddle faster, I hear banjos…”

3 Likes

Selfish is what these people aspire to, not something to be looked down on. To them, if you’re not selfish, you’re a cuck pushover.

3 Likes

Yeah. I was surprised they would actually tow the car for expired tags though. Usually that’s just a fixit ticket.

2 Likes

Usually, but they’d been issued a citation for the same thing a few days earlier and not addressed it (which, I mean, you can do all that shit online now, so seems like little excuse. Even if you didn’t have the stickers yet, you could show on your phone that you’d done it.)
Also, given her behavior in the video, I can tell you I have been arrested and had a vehicle towed for much less…antagonistic(?) behavior after a much less justified traffic stop.*
But, yeah, given what she looks like, I’m kind of surprised they (the cops) arrested her and towed the vehicle.

*Fuck, I’m so glad I’m not a young vagabond anymore! It was mostly fun, but sometimes the memories are exhausting.

9 Likes

Having had this happen, yep, that’s exactly what you can do. Take your little receipt and print it out and toss it in your glove compartment if need be. Or go to the currency exchange, pay the extra fees, and sort it out right there.

She chose not to be in compliance.

3 Likes

Well done. Well done.

3 Likes

Just small towns then? Isn’t NH considered to be one of the most liberal states?

3 Likes

an ourobouros of fellatio

Damn, that is so poetic

4 Likes

It’s infuriating to realize that had she been a Black man she wouldn’t have lasted two minutes in this exact scenario.

3 Likes

I thought that they were also one of the most Ayn-Cap states.

13 Likes

Not really, at least not around here. Of course, all kinds of people live everywhere, but there are a LOT of right wingers throughout NH.
They shifted more blue in 2020, but in 2016 Clinton won by fewer than 3,000 votes, so it’s pretty close.

8 Likes

The no. 1 threat to a right wing libertarian “paradise” in New Hampshire?

colbert-report-threat-bears|nullxnull

Everyone knows that bears have a liberal bent if not outright leftist!

I love that story…

13 Likes

Reposting for the Shakespearean title:

3 Likes

It sounds like the police had to tow the vehicle, as it wasn’t legal to drive on public roads (they’d already had a warning, and ignored it). Standard operating procedure for police towing of a vehicle is to search it first, to make sure there’s nothing dangerous (or, you know, someone trapped in the trunk).

Edited to add: as @simonize points out, it could also be property inventory because of the tow, presumably to a police lot.

6 Likes

Worth noting: on Tuesday, she was found not guilty of the disorderly conduct playground charge.

The kid glove treatment continues.

7 Likes