How it is going for JD Vance in one screenshot

He’ll revert to who I thought he was going to pick the first time. Doug Burgum.

9 Likes

Hmm. I think the lickspittle list is actually still pretty long. I bet Haley, for instance, would take the VP spot immediately. I also think she’d be a better choice than JD, and while Tromp would hate it, desperation might drive him to swallow his toxic masculine pride.

10 Likes

As with most things in American politics, LBJ knew the score on stuff like this.

Courtesy of Hunter S. Thompson:

This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas. The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get a way with calling him a pig-fucker,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.”

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofabitch deny it.”

19 Likes

Sofa, so good. For the record, though, it was probably a love seat.

14 Likes

i’m afraid to dig into it (yes, i know – phrasing…), but where did this whole couch thing come from in the first place? i mean, it had to start somewhere, and it doesn’t sound like something someone would just make up. it’s too weird.

4 Likes

Any piece of furniture is a love seat if you’re brave enough.

16 Likes

Reminds me of this gem:

the winning entry, which defined “santorum” as “*the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex.”

17 Likes
8 Likes

I can’t believe that this site is still around after 30 years or so:

10 Likes

What? molesting furniture? Hasn’t he heard of “grab 'em by the pussy” changing room rape?

2 Likes

I’m wondering how long it will be before TFG says he’s never heard of Vance.

8 Likes

Changing his VP like that would show that he’s a petty, unserious, reckless and incompetent. Which is all true, but it would make it blatantly obvious.

9 Likes

So the question NOW is…

Why is Vance prejudiced against Sofa Americans?

3 Likes

Changing his VP like that would show that he’s a petty, unserious, reckless and incompetent. Which is all true, but it would make it blatantly obvious.

Yes, to all but the tens of millions who will nonetheless vote for him.

10 Likes

Shhhh. That’s the type of challenge he’s going to take.

3 Likes

Well, sure, the hardcore Trump cultists won’t ever drop him. But I think that would turn yet more undecided voters against Trump, and dislodge more unenthusiastic Republicans from the edges.

6 Likes

I acknowledge that he never actually fucked a couch, but JD Vance is totally a couch-fucker. It just seems like an insult that applies to him.

I wonder if it could. I feel like Trump, when sufficiently cornered, just ignores reality rather than swallows his pride. He’s fully willing to engage in self-destructive behaviors rather than actually address, much less solve, a problem when his ego is involved.

What’s funny to me is that someone not only made it up, but made it pretty clear it was a joke. But since the joke was presented as a book extract, that gave it this weird form of legitimacy - even though anyone could look at the actual book and see that the bit of text in question was conspicuously absent. Yet it still spread to the point where lots of articles denying it were written - which just caused the story to spread even more.

14 Likes

7 Likes

I mean those headlines are making an assertion that I don’t think has been proven. They all need to be rewritten as “No JD Vance didn’t admit to fucking a couch”.

Because the jury is still out on whether or not he actually fucked a couch.

9 Likes

… that we know of

We’re just asking questions :face_with_monocle:

18 Likes