How Roger Stone's backfired testimony proves Judge Amy Berman Jackson is a damn boss

I see no resemblance. Beeker is much better looking.

15 Likes

From emptywheel’s article:

In the process, [the judge] did a number of things [including imposing] a gag that a Twitter account bearing Stone’s name may have violated within an hour.

3 Likes

No way. Beaker is awesome. Stone definitely is not.

12 Likes

More like a Batman villain.

18 Likes

Holy crap! He’s the spitting image of the Clock King!

14 Likes

That was definitely in one of the Sam Vimes books.

I have the feeling it’s the one where he got sent back in time. Either that or Feet of Clay.

4 Likes

before skittering off to read this thank you I miss popehat and popehat like content.

3 Likes

7 Likes

It’s less that he (and his lawyer!) couldn’t shut up, and more that they didn’t realize the Judge was setting them up.

It doesn’t seem odd to discuss how you make a living, until you remember that your defense hinges on how you make a living, and you just admitted under oath that was bogus.

It doesn’t seem odd to brag a little about working in PR, until you remember that you claimed not to understand the impact of the image you posted.

It doesn’t seem odd to give an insincere apology when you have to, until you remember that you are under oath and just admitted to committing a crime.

These guys went after the judge and expected her to roll over. The whole thing goes from “You’re not seriously going to make a big deal about some stupid instagram post, are you?” to “I think I just gave the prosecution a whole bunch of new ways to destroy my client” real fast.

13 Likes

Probably the same one which had his Theory of Boots in it.

I think it was Men at Arms, but I can’t be sure and I don’t have the time to check right now.

7 Likes

Which is certainly not a bad thing.

1 Like

21 Likes

Wheeler mentions this:

In the process, she did a number of things:

• Impose a gag that a Twitter account bearing Stone’s name may have violated within an hour

But with no further detail that i’m seeing.

3 Likes

I cannot believe the judge’s patience.

Even during his “apology,” he lied to her face, calling the obvious crosshair a “celtic cross.” (Does a Klansman get to call a burning cross a burning “addition sign” and get away with it?)

That, alone, should have been the final straw, when he couldn’t even admit that, and tried to put forward an obvious lie that he knew was a lie and that she knew he knew was a lie.

8 Likes

Wow he looks microcephalic there.

1 Like

whew I needed a cigarette after reading that… and I don’t even smoke!

1 Like

I love how the right has twisted any wrongdoing into some sort of “trap” from deep state actors.

Like the whole “perjury trap” canard. How about you tell the fucking truth, thus avoiding perjury? Now it’s this judge setting some sort of “trap” to get Stone thrown in jail.

It’s not really a trap when they tell you exactly what the consequences are for doing something and you choose to do it anyway.

16 Likes

Sure, that’s one read. My read was that this is more coddling of conservative white thugs. He should have been jailed on the spot.

4 Likes

Ya… roger stone. You can only threaten a judge or solicit a prostitute when you’re president. Rookie mistake.

3 Likes

He usually wears a Homburg.
Not that this would be extenuating in any way, utter cockwomble that he is.

1 Like