How Roger Stone's backfired testimony proves Judge Amy Berman Jackson is a damn boss

of course he did. him and people like him are so entitled they think they can get away with playground level antics. “i didn’t tell the reporters, i just said it outloud to myself while they were standing nearby” level stupidity.

5 Likes

His choice of hats and glasses tends to put me in more mind of a Roger Rabbit villain.
Apparently someone on reddit feels likewise:

12 Likes

Yup. Combine “I think I’m the smartest guy in the room” with “I love to hear my voice” and you get Roger Stone. Or Donald J. Trump.

6 Likes

With the difference that Stone could actually be the smartest guy in a sufficiently carefully chosen room. Trump’s not the smartest guy in the room even if he’s there alone.

12 Likes

I’m not sure that’s fair to Zippy?

10 Likes

Does he realize that some white supremacist USE the “celtic cross” in their imagery?

7 Likes

I don’t understand myself how the fact that white supremacists appropriated a religious symbol somehow wipes clean the implications added by the hate group. It’s not fair to the cross, but that’s already annoying enough, they shouldn’t get to also use it as cover. Oh but I forgot… they’re all “Irish” too so there’s… that.

3 Likes

Well, a good deal of them want to be Norse, though. But I guess some of them claim to be Irish, yeah. Or more accurately, they claim to be Celtic, I guess.

But plenty of anti-racist neo-pagans use the celtic cross as well as just people who claim Irish heritage…

5 Likes

Sounds like an interesting children’s book. Judge Berman and the Day the Cockwombles Took Over D.C.

4 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

That really is excellent analysis by @emptywheel. Thank you, Marcy Wheeler, for writing it & thanks Xeni for pointing it out!

3 Likes

Judge Jackson sat under the Horseapple tree and scratched her long bunny ears, for she could not believe what she was hearing at all! The supposedly sly fox - who, despite his dapper clothing smelt of mothballs, creosote and old evil - was nattering on and on digging himself deeper and deeper with every slippery syllable. The dragonflies and damsel flies looked on bug-eyed.

“Well you see, yer ‘honor’ (snicker) I thought the sniper crosshairs were actually a celtic cross! oft beloved by white nazionalists and simple folk…” But then he turned to the even dumber fox who was his ‘lawyer’ (a ten dollar word which here means ‘nimrod’ or numbskull’) and said out loud “Will no one rid me of this troublesome judge?”

To which Judge Jackson wrinkled her bunny nose and said with unmeasured patience “You know everyone can hear you, right?”

“I’m offended!” cried and blubbered the not-so-sly silver stinkfox with the funny sloped forehead.

After a bit of eye-rolling and some of the absolute heaviest of sighs the cottontail Judge said “Mr Stone, I am putting this gag order on you (and here she handed the bailiff a red handkerchief) and I don’t want to hear one more word from you and nor shall you speak to your fellow swamp denizens and malodorous minions until such time as I see you in court again”

“mmmrphlf murphstx grr” said the microcephalic fox as he furiously tweeted something unpleasant on his tweedlemaphone. All the while a puddle of urine spread around the silver haired fox and his fake teeth wrapped in a bright red kerchief. “mmmrphlf!” said the miscreant darkly.

“I am sure I shall see you again VERY soon!” said the Judge in a velvet voice, weighted with foreshadowing and a frisson of disgust.

15 Likes

Finally, thank you! I couldn’t remember who he reminded me of. Zippy FTW!

3 Likes

Holy Smokes, enkodoodler, get Diana_Souza to illustrate that and you got yourself a Newberry Award!!

3 Likes

I thought he was Frasier’s dad.

1 Like

I don’t think we need to enforce some sort of progressivism with religious zeal to change the country all the time. Honestly I think people should just start calling actual bulshit on live TV, in live court, directly in print, and in real life wherever they see it.

Too many people in power get away with bullshit because no one ever calls them on it.

Even though it never happened, I often wonder what the results of Bernie being able to directly debate Trump before the 2016 election might have had on Trump’s chances. I think Bernie would have directly called out a lot of Trump’s bullshit point-blank, on TV, and just shocked a lot of people out of complacency with some truth about the scummy bastard enough that it may have changed things.

Rodger Stone is pretty much the same way, and that no one ever really called-out his bullshit point-blank to his face in a public way. Thankfully this judge did. More like her, please.

2 Likes

That might be a dangerous thing to wish for. Like most spiritually valid people, my initial response to the Turmp/Hillary “debate” was to wish that she’d turn around and say “please leave my personal space, you rapey sack of shit” (and so on). But that’s me. To the people who somehow weren’t already dry-heaving at everything he said and did, that could very easily seem like she was the one taking it into the gutter.

That’s an extremely difficult needle to thread even if Playground Shitmouth is your native tongue. I doubt Hillary, or most other people sophisticated enough to be qualified for high office, could pull it off. Which is a good thing. The best they can do is ignore the bullshit and try to make their own case, relying on the audience to know the difference between a clever person and a vile witless gobshit. (i.e. it is American voters who need to do better here)

4 Likes

To echo another user, since it fits perfectly with your thoughts, rodger that!

Let’s find out!

https://www.hasrogerstoneviolatedhisgagorderyet.com/

(Although I suspect this isn’t so much waiting for when he does it, but when he gets in trouble for doing it.)

5 Likes

Not just appearance. Dirty trickster too!

While Fugate planned his revenge, Hill had already served one successful term as Gotham’s mayor. Fugate, now calling himself the Clock King, staged a smear campaign against him, and sabotaged Hill’s own campaign.

3 Likes