How to safely get a tiny object out of your child’s nose

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/02/how-to-safely-get-a-tiny-objec.html

2 Likes

Ew

11 Likes

Note: Image not to scale.

8 Likes

Being a parent has its rewards.

6 Likes

14 Likes

And when your little bonobo’s eardrums pop, you get to sue the internet for malpractice!

I always got out the eggbeater and approached my son with slowly rotating blades. It’s amazing how fast he got those little toys dislodged all by himself! After that, he never needed adenoid surgery!

9 Likes

What? You can’t just squeeze it out?

10 Likes

From World’s Dumbest Record Breakers 5. The guy sets a record for putting 18 quarters in his nose. At the end, Danny Bonaduce finally gets the quarter out of his nose by tweezers! Enjoy! HAPPY 30TH VIDEO!

2 Likes

I’m gonna tell ya… EVERY. PARENT. EVER. has done that to their baby, at least once. Usually after a particular long stretch without sleep.

8 Likes

This is much better than the Stevie Nicks method.

5 Likes

I use forceps.

1 Like

5 Likes

Oh my god, I haven’t! And now the kids are too old!
Good thing my wife’s expecting…

2 Likes

that advice would have saved a lot of time and a fairly embarrassing visit to the emergency room…. sigh

1 Like

It only works to get things out of people’s noses. Let the midwife do it the traditional way.

18 Likes

6 Likes

Can’t hurt to try!

Or, rather, can’t hurt more to try…

4 Likes

Years from now, that kid is gonna see this, and ask his dad, “Why?”

1 Like

4 Likes

and if you do it just right they’ll be able to exhale cigarette smoke through an eye socket!
neat trick at teenage parties… specially when it’s a bunch of acid-heads.

2 Likes