How will England respond to Queen Elizabeth's passing?

But the question is: Why would she? She can let Charles do all the work while she withdraws to Windsor Castle. That’s perfectly fine within the rules of the game. It’s not like Charles needs the crown now to inspire his troops to burn down Orléans or whatever.

4 Likes

It’s expected that he will take a regnal name, like George or Macbeth.

I think I will go to the bookies and put a fiver on him being King Macbeth II. I just want to see what the odds are.

9 Likes

Ah, the Scottish king.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Maybe we could hire the Imagineers at Disney to make an animatronic figurehead, maybe an anthropomorphic lion in a Union Flag waistcoat, and use that going forward. Hail, King Leo! I mean, Prince John was a better king than King Richard, so there is precedent.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Maybe a slight rewording to make it clearer that we’re discussing a future event, like “When Queen Elizabeth passes, how will England respond?”

I’m guessing they’ve already had Tom Brokaw / Dana Carvey prerecording announcements of the Queen’s death.

5 Likes

Nor am I writing this to express displeasure with her reign

Why not express displeasure? She and the whole inbred, blood-diamond encrusted lot are parasites, whose wealth should have been dispersed to those the institution has abused for centuries, well, centuries ago.

9 Likes

Then no one can speak his name ever again. I like where this is going.

8 Likes

The traditional way to stop a child complaining of starvation is to give it a flag to wave.

13 Likes

Are Queen Elizabeth Arms supposed to be like “chicken fingers” or “buffalo wings”? /s

6 Likes

You daren’t ask what a “hot pocket” is.

8 Likes

Isn’t such speculation treason, or has that law been repealed since Henry VIII’s day?

5 Likes

Triple dog dare you.

7 Likes

“Well done, ma’am, would you like a tissue?”

4 Likes

To be honest there are elected politicians (maybe better term is gerrymandered) that are at an absolute lower level.

Having to choose between Boris johnson and Charles what do you choose? And between Charles and Trump or Marjorie Taylor Greene?

5 Likes

They will have to paint it all black when she goes!

2 Likes

She has a way to go there unless you start putting in frankly unreasonable qualifiers:

That’s going to happen anyway, regardless of who ends up on the throne next. Lots of countries are just quietly waiting until the Queen dies to make constitutional changes.

3 Likes

The English “Gladiator”:

I am Charles Philip Arthur George Mountbatten-Windsor.
Husband to a murdered wife.
Father to a bastard son.
Brother to an (alleged) nonce.
And I will have my revenge, in this life or the next.

7 Likes

No, it’s accentuating the fact that she WILL (in future) die. There’s no point in softening the reality by saying conditional statements (if…then; such-and-such WOULD happen).

4 Likes