Howard the Duck

Where has THAT gif been all my life?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be in my bunkā€¦errumm.

2 Likes

Well, you have to in any Howard the Duck conversation.

6 Likes

I guess itā€™s been a whileā€¦I donā€™t remember Howard having tits.

1 Like

Hahaaā€¦ You are correct sir.
I guess I should get a copy. I have it on my TiVo to record list but it never comes up.

I quite enjoy this movie - while I know itā€™s deeply, DEEPLY flawed (at best), itā€™s still pretty fun and has a unique feel to it.

Also, THOMAS DOLBYā€™S SOUNDTRACK IS FRICKINā€™ AWESOME.

1 Like

This was my favorite film as a kid. It really was. I loved every moment of it. I was 6 when I saw it.

Nothing with relatively rotund Naomi Watts as Jet Girl could possibly be the worst of anything.

4 Likes

And thereā€™s stuff in it for daddies, too!

Me as well but considering that I saw it in a backwater town in Japan that didnt surprise me.

Original language cinema in Berlin (i.e. the only real cinema around this backwater), so I do expect some laughs at insider jokes but am mostly disappointed in this regard. Apparently no got the over-the-top hommages to 2001: A Space Odyssey in Ant-Man, either.

Itā€™s great to see the wonderfully weird Chip Zdarsky is doing the new comic.

1 Like

By that point, I think I had already mentally checked out of the movie, and was counting all the empty seats in the theater.

Howard the Duck is George Lucasā€™ greatest film. I simply cannot comprehend why this film is not universally beloved. Gods know, Iā€™ve watched it AT LEAST 800 timeā€“second only to Ghostbusters. Them Dark Overlords were THE SHIZZNIT, too! When I was rebuilding my studio, I almost called it The Nexus of Sominus, but ā€œThe Black Light Trapā€ won because I was listening to a lot of Shriekback at the time.

4 Likes

ANYthing by Thomas Dolby from the 1980s is frickinā€™ awesome. But this soundtrack and The Golden Age of Wireless are my two top albums by Dolby.

4 Likes

They were barely in the same decadeā€¦

2 Likes

As a devotee of awful movies, it is awful. Like truly terrible. If it had been directed by anyone else it would probably have edged out Battlefield Earth.

Hereā€™s a quick guide of how to drink yourself to death while watching it:

1. Take a shot every time Howard is a sex creep.
  2. Take a shot every time a duck pun is made.

That said, I would totally love a Zdarsky-written update because he really ā€˜getsā€™ Howard.

2 Likes

I meant to comment on that as well. Tank Girl = 1995. Howard The Duck = 1986. Close enough, I guess? :wink:

1 Like

Talk about playing for keeps.

1 Like

Trashed in 8 minutes, alcohol poisoning by 25.

5 Likes