Hunter was likely killed by a deer he shot

Then there is this classic from Tex Avery
fieldandscream

14 Likes

So this guy was no Richard Sharpe (3 rounds a minute with a muzzle flintlock loading rifle)

Or like the soldiers of the 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment in Glory (who had percussion cap rifles)

5 Likes

Ah, it’s Vlad the Impala.

24 Likes

#NeedsMoreLikes

5 Likes

Wil Wheaton says, “Don’t be a dik dik.”

8 Likes
7 Likes

13 Likes

Well, to be fair to the deer, they took him away, so it didn’t get a chance.

You unintentionally gave her correct information, then. Deer absolutely will bite. (It’s actually a big problem in some tourist areas where people feed deer. Mostly because the deer will get frustrated if food isn’t immediately forthcoming and chomp on the human instead.)

You may joke, but an actual headline: “Nara announces record number of deer bites as tourists flood in” (And yes, they are talking about deer biting people.)

Deer have been observed in the wild eating birds, squirrels, even rabbits…

12 Likes

I’m having evil thoughts of a selective breeding program for attack deer.

1 Like

Obviously he should have reloaded or fixed bayonet before approaching.

Mind you, he might have had a heart attack from lugging that .50 cal cannon around, and then the deer got up and poked him a few times.

6 Likes

So, theoretically, in an alternate universe, the American Revolution failed because George Washington was gored by a deer.

4 Likes

No. Luckily, airstrikes from the English bases that Americans had captured saved him.

7 Likes

Oh dear.

1 Like

Maybe the hunter fell on his prey while taking one of those eerie staged photos, and was too embarrassed to admit it:

1 Like
7 Likes

So much faster to say “skeletonized”…

1 Like
4 Likes

I grew up a deer hunter and seeing the deer in Nara when I lived in Japan was what made me want to stop hunting.

That said I don’t like the jokes cracked here about a guy being killed by a deer. I really thought higher of the place. Hunters that eat what they take are not horrible people deserving death. I understand if hunting is not your thing, but finding shadenfraude in this is pathetic.

I say this as someone nearly killed by one on a motorcycle 2 years ago

4 Likes

Okay that is metal

2 Likes

That’s crazy, RandomDude!

Where did the deer steal the motorcycle from?

3 Likes