"I don't even see our American flag anymore!" — Sobbing MAGA woman begs Trump to save her

Imgur

5 Likes

I’m really, really curious what the flag was, now. Was it during a Biden visit to another country? Was he near some flavor of US military or state flag? Or is this woman really so neurotic that she has some sort of conditional flag-blindness (in that she’d suddenly have no problem identifying the flag if Trump was standing next to it)?

I initially assumed it was one of those selection bias, “no one says ‘Merry Christmas’ anymore!” complaints, in which she fixated on the lack of a US flag in camera view in a specific shot, during a particular Biden press conference, but no, she just thinks there’s something wrong with the flag, somehow. Which is very much weirder.

It wouldn’t surprise me, but this also might just be her (for the moment).

8 Likes

Maybe it had a fringe on it.

Something long bandied about by conspiracy minded folks (often of the far-right “sovereign citizen” persuasion) that the fringed flag means something illegitimate is going on. (These are people who also believe that the eagle on the presidential seal faces a different direction based on if we are in war time or peace time.)

9 Likes

Fucksake, take it from an outsider, but one thing America is not short of is fucking flags everywhere.

37 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

9 Likes

Or insurrectionists.

gettyimages-1230454991_slide-da4b03ef3af357f3a9ac0776c9fa119316d5d62d

A member of the Demon-Haunted vote.

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure this one is a bit older, not recent, and she was losing her shit about Biden’s inauguration. The stuff about the flag is just rambling MAGA nonsense with no real bearing on anything other than “making noise about how unpatriotic Biden is despite all evidence to the contrary by claiming things not evident in reality.”

8 Likes

What The Hell Community GIF

5 Likes

Several years back I was in Germany for work, and the conversation with my German hosts began to shift toward politics (already weird because Americans are conditioned to avoid talking politics especially in unfamiliar company). As it was during the World Cup, we specifically started discussing patriotism.

One of them told me he didn’t the patriotic mindset, and he didn’t understand “proud to be an American”. He said he was “happy” to be German and indeed he loved his home country, but how can you be “proud” of where you are from? It’s not like you had a choice. And as far as everybody flying flags everywhere, that was considered extremely nationalistic and disturbing. I couldn’t disagree with any of these statements.

31 Likes

“I grab 'em by the fringe. When you’re famous they let you do that.”

/s

6 Likes

Tramp stamp + Mirror?

1 Like

Leave the flag alone!

7 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

She made a choice to support him. She’s not the victim here.

15 Likes

And of course it’s actually her side that is most often seen waving bizarre parodies of the American flag. “Thin Blue Line” flags, Confederate flags, flags with partisan messages added, even crazy shit like this:

14 Likes

She is a grown-ass adult who actively sought that crap out. Nobody strapped her to a chair and forced her to watch it “Clockwork Orange”-style.

14 Likes

See that every time I drive anywhere in rural Indiana.

Also, FWIW, Trump flags have taken the place of official US flags in front of a lot of homes. Why is she complaining about that?

12 Likes

Maybe She is missing old Howard Chaykin’s comics…

5 Likes

“I don’t even see our American flag anymore!”

Maybe her local QOP rep is flying this one:

4 Likes

Yes, save us President Trump!

Eat more McDonalds!

4 Likes

Jesus Christ. Someone please call their mom and get them help. :confused:

4 Likes