I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

Yes we are safe till 10,000 posts.
I miss the questions thread now.

5 Likes

6 Likes

35791bb8-77b4-4b78-9456-4322bd2e1863.m4v (194.5 KB)

1 Like

So annoyed that I couldnā€™t get this to embed. Womp womp.

Safe%20Sale%20IMG_1206

Seen yesterday in Minneapolis. No word on whether they come locked or unlockedā€¦

7 Likes

Of if they come supplied with dank carpet.

8 Likes

One imagines that the pricing is Ć  la carteā€¦sure, the safes are on sale, but they get you on the extrasā€¦

6 Likes

Hmmā€¦The sign says safe sale, as in singularā€¦and it looks as if the signā€™s been out there a whileā€¦Who knows, maybe it is a locked safe, just one, and people keep buying it and then returning it in frustration, and they keep selling the same one over and overā€¦Profit!!

But no one would say ā€œsafes saleā€, would they?

This is what I do to give my brain a break from the news of the dayā€¦

4 Likes

I feel like the British might say ā€œSafes Saleā€ in the same way they say ā€œdrugs offensesā€ and ā€œmathsā€.

Actually this whole thing is a bit weird. In US English, you might be indicted on ā€œweapons chargesā€ (plural adjectival noun) and charged with ā€œdrug offensesā€ (singular etc). My one-ear BBC listening tells me that the British use the plural constructions more frequently, but I donā€™t think itā€™s universal for them either. I wonder what the Venn diagrams look likeā€¦

5 Likes

VaultTec

10 Likes

10 Likes

Stay safe everyone.

6 Likes

Was it made by ACME?

6 Likes
3 Likes

Thatā€™sā€¦ a lot of ramen noodles. Though the math seems suspect ā€“ ā€œ133k packsā€ = ā€œ$100kā€? Not anywhere I shop, except for the nice Shin Ramyun stuff.

2 Likes

Someone got the munchies really bad.

1 Like

And then subsequently had an epic case of intestinal distress and/or dehydration, I suspect.

3 Likes

About to say, if theyā€™re claiming retail price (10Ā¢) thatā€™s 1,000,000 ramen packets. I wonder what kind of volume that isā€¦

1 Like

Looking closer at the article, the author thumbnails 75 cents per pack based on an online price they found. I guess 75c might be a reasonable gas station price, but everyone knows you can get Maruchan for a quarter a pop, or less if thereā€™s a sale or they have six packs.

3 Likes

Maybe in Desert Center or some shit, where youā€™re buying something from the gas station as peace offering to the clearly cannibalistic locals.

2 Likes