I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

This guy rates the cheap stuff, and I have to admit he’s turned me on to the better cheap instant ramen out there, though my local Asian market doesn’t carry anywhere near as many brands as he finds.

7 Likes

This. I need this. Thank you.

7 Likes

Himself. He found himself.

10 Likes

The opening, from the safe’s POV:

elfears2

15 Likes

6 Likes

pNGuqEG

7 Likes

7 Likes

tumblr_n4su3m7Zh31sp4nfqo2_500|nullxnull

4 Likes

2 Likes

We were doing the Nissin Raoh, but now have moved to the new Snapdragon Pho they picked up. A bit easier for the quickie meals and slightly smaller portions.

2 Likes

dank memes

2 Likes

𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖐 π–ˆπ–†π–—π–•π–Šπ–™

7 Likes

π–’π–”π–Žπ–˜π–™ π–—π–šπ–Œ

8 Likes

π–˜π–”π–Œπ–Œπ–ž π–™π–†π–•π–Šπ–˜π–™π–—π–ž

8 Likes

π•½π–”π–ˆπ–π–Žπ–“β€™ π•―π–šπ–‰π–Š

6 Likes

Why is the Fraktur β€˜k’ so much weirder than all the other letters?

5 Likes

Cause its based a whole different set of letter forms, to the point that it was sometimes considered a different alphabet. Its not just a fancied up type face.

I ended up reading about a bunch of this a while back. Apparently you had significantly different letter forms in the German derived version of the alphabet, to the point where some German hand scripts, used right up until WWII aren’t actually legible to modern readers. And your black letter type faces are so wacky because the root predates type. Coming down from written script styles using those different letter forms. I think the black letter wiki page is how I got sucked into that particular worm hole.

So yeah. Have fun.

7 Likes

That’s how I studied German as a young adult: from a book using this typeface. Yeah, it made it unnecessarily hard.

6 Likes

Oh, I’m fully aware of Blackletter being different letter forms. I’m just not clear where the heck that K comes from, letterform-wise. Even the wacky Y seems to have some antecedent I seem to recall. What I am not clear on is, on the timeline of letter evolution, what spur line resulted in Blackletter?

Have you gone goth?

portlandia-goth-in-black

7 Likes