I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

Anyone posted this yet?

5 Likes
10 Likes

I’m starting to think that @miasm is right about the Rick Astley single.

9 Likes

9 Likes

Well. It’s not gonna be safe much longer.

5 Likes

The thermal lance is how they broke into a safe in the 1981 movie Thief starring James Caan and featuring an awesome soundtrack by Tangerine Dream. One of the tracks is even called Burning Bar. Another track, called Diamond Diary is literally one of the most beautiful things you’ll ever hear.

7 Likes

People have been talking about sending me to Rob’s house, but now I feel obliged to note that my friend Pedro the Cruel, who is literally a professional at this kind of home repair and improvement stuff (and rather good at lockpicking, although he has not to date tried his hand at safecracking) actually does own an oxygen lance. Really, totally not kidding.

24 Likes

Why would anyone use an oxygen lance now that we have plasma cutters?

3 Likes

what is the equivalent of “warmer sound” for steel cutters?

9 Likes

Um, actually he has one of those too. And five different welding rigs. At least five. Again, totally not kidding.

He says the lance is for cutting locomotives in half. I personally don’t have much need for that, but if I ever do, I know who to call!

15 Likes

Maybe more even heating.

1 Like

Love this :wink:

10 Likes

Wait, you mean you’re not currently looking for a locomotive that needs bisecting?

13 Likes

Are we on the thermal lance again?

I can’t find a better copy of the video, but if memory serves it also took a really long time and a large number of lances to burn through the top of that thing.

2 Likes

Make sure it has some funky synth and a good bass line.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Today I opened the closet door and in the darkness saw the safe at the back of it. I stared at it. I don’t rightly now for how long I did but when I looked away the sunlight glinted in through from the blood-veiled dusk and I remembered I should just call a locksmith

41 Likes

This isn’t an antique safe still interesting

2 Likes

Individuals with The Open Organization Of Lockpickers should be considered to have knowledge of the existence of ‎Schröechizza’s Safe.

10 Likes

Please?

6 Likes