I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

Could be worse, he could be John Stossel
:smiley:

6 Likes

My most hoped for outcome is that the door is opened to reveal a smaller safe inside it - the first sign that this is a Russian doll safe, with many, many layers.

12 Likes

10 Likes

The same thing we do every election cycle.

14 Likes

He could just leave us permanently in suspense…

13 Likes

15 Likes

Basement during the day. Love dungeon at night with the proper password. (It’s “pumpernickel”.)

4 Likes

D’oh! @Purplecat beat me to it!

Here is the animated gif version…

11 Likes

You won’t believe what happens next!

10 Likes

At which point a new thread starts where is this safety deposit box and what does it contain?

4 Likes

We happy?

1 Like

“Number 4 blew my mind.”

4 Likes

Are you allowed to giggle while giving the password? (asking for a friend)

8 Likes

I’m optimistic. It would take an unusual mixture of sadism and lack of imagination to leave a locked safe with nothing in it. So if anyone’s got a big-ass safe they no longer need, either stick the combination on maybe a sturdy piece of tape on the door, remove the door entirely, or leave it full of interesting things (not necessarily valuables).

When I built the bookshelves in the house I just sold, I left a few things stashed in the unused spaces above and below the shelves. Who knows when or if anyone will ever come across them, but one certainly couldn’t leave such spaces entirely empty.

30 Likes

Many years back, a f-o-a-f was involved with a project cataloging and preserving items that had been hidden inside walls and the like. That sort of thing has been going on since pretty much we had both things and buildings to stash them in.

6 Likes

I think that is actually the safe word . Rob uses a pass phrase, which, last I heard, is “Yes, Rob, you can borrow my oxygen Lance.”

8 Likes

10 Likes

I remain certain it contains dubloons, or the deed to a sinister mansion, or that it contains a puzzle box that opens the gates of hell, or that there might be some dust, or a portal to a mysterious yet oddly Christian fantasy kingdom.

29 Likes

Then you must hie thyself hence to the Locksmith with all haste!

I mean, what’s the holdup? I got a $20 contribution just sittin’ right here, if that’s the only thing standing between us and Illumination.

You did say “certain.”

8 Likes

we have such sights to show you!

13 Likes