29 Likes

#WHAT’S THE SAFE WORD, ROB 

14 Likes

You posted it in the GIF bank yourself!

11 Likes

11 Likes

waiting on quotes now

8 Likes

By the way, I removed all the drywall and baseboard around it and even though it’s on wheels, the direction of the wheels is perpendicular to the opening. And it’s big and heavy. So it actually has to stay where it is! I had thought about just taking it into the yard and Experimenting.

15 Likes

24 Likes

"Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn’t previously aware of.”

Douglas Adams - The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

Not sure how it’s supposed to help, but it’s the first quote about “safe” that I thought of. But then, you should never go for the first quote.

13 Likes

Is there room to jack it up onto a dolly or piano casters?

Like these:

Or rent a heavy-duty hand truck. I’m seeing capacities north of half a ton, like this bad boy for intended for vending machines:

https://www.grainger.com/product/DAYTON-Vending-Machine-Hand-Truck-WP88115/_/N-121d?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/4XKJ2_AS01?smthumb

Ratchet strap and Bob’s your uncle.

8 Likes

The doing it is 5 dollars. Knowing how to do it, that’s 50 dollars.

4 Likes

“”"""""""""""  

8 Likes

But a D. Adams quote is always the best option.

8 Likes

“Wait—” he motioned to Richard, who was about to go out again and investigate— “let it be. It won’t be long.”

Richard stared in disbelief. “You say there’s a horse in your bathroom, and all you can do is stand there naming Beatles songs?”

12 Likes

Don’t make me go read Dirk again. I took today off to get things DONE.

I was already in danger as one the things I need to get done is moving a couch.

9 Likes

FTFY.

6 Likes

So what you’re trying to say is if Rob cuts the safe into smaller pieces then he could easily move it outside to try and open it up?

8 Likes

If the wheels are parallel to the wall, how did they get it in in the first place? They should pivot somehow. If the pivots are stiff maybe some oil will loosen them up?

3 Likes