I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

I think they wheeled it into place in a large closet space under the stairs, then constructed a back wall inside the closet that matches the plane of the face of the safe. There’s about 30 inches of void behind the closet’s back wall, corresponding to the depth of the safe. tldr they walled in the fucking safe

30 Likes

OT: I didn’t know they were making a Dirk Gently series! Get HYPE

4 Likes

Another one?

6 Likes

40 Likes

It’s a shame the safe’s in the back of a closet. That would look really great in the living room.

15 Likes

One hell of a conversation piece, for sure.

7 Likes

Heck yeah! Who needs a tv or coffee table books?

8 Likes

Maybe there’s a TV inside it?

12 Likes

Holy smokes, is that one any good?

1 Like

What exactly does one keep inside one of those?

10 Likes

I’m of mixed emotions about it. It had elements that felt very Dirk Gently. Pacing felt off. But worth the time, IMHO

4 Likes

I’m thinking more like:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I can ship you a couple of thin, tough plastic sheets you can slide under the wheels, if you like. Just lever it up with a pry bar, slide the sheets in, drag the safe out on the slippery plastic. The plastic will be marred by this but who cares. If the floor is pine you will want to put a layer of carpet under the plastic, or else the floor will get marred too by the weight of all the gold doubloons.

19 Likes

the thing on the lower left is a DIY portal gun?

4 Likes

Just need to paint the floor under the safe white.

1 Like

Well, that won’t work, you need to be able to see inside to put a portal in there. :wink:

1 Like

I hope to god it’s better than that one was. Yeesh.

2 Likes

Using powdered moon rock, of course.

4 Likes

Yes. It is.

2 Likes