I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

For real?

“No” and “stop” seem a bit self-defeating. I mean, well, you know. Maybe your common sense agreement is working fine and you don’t need a safe word after all.

“Safe word”, however, is hilarious and kind of clever.

6 Likes

Got busy, but I do have a nice new circular saw that should go through it like butter.

12 Likes

That doesn’t sound like a particularly good thing. I don’t think butter would go through it very well.

18 Likes

If your fantasy involves being tied up and ravished despite your protests, it’s helpful to have a word that unambiguously means “I really don’t want this to continue anymore, and you should stop.”.

7 Likes

Have you gone at it with a stethoscope, even once?

5 Likes

You “Got Busy”

You announced to the Intarwebs 6 months less a week ago that you had “Found A Safe”

And yet, here you are, still claiming that you “Got Busy”

Do you understand the importance of this?

11 Likes

Have you ever bought a house? I’m surprised he’s found time to even tell anyone about this instead of having to deal with that duct thing the previous owner thought wasn’t that important (“who don’t like rats?”) or the seventeen broken window sash weights that keep slamming the windows down on the kids’ fingers.

Shit, I bought a house three years ago and I’m still dealing with stuff from the inspector’s list.

18 Likes

Several houses. Flipped a few back before I got smart (fortunately I wised up before 2007)

It’s like Chekov’s Phaser. If he’s in a landing party before the first commercial break then a red shirt needs to die before the final Captain’s Log. Or something like that.

All I’m saying is that you don’t taunt the Internet with a Safe and then lollygag your way around it.

It’s only decent to tease a safe opening for at most a week or two. Maybe a month if you’re suitably clever and can keep the audience entertained.

But six months? My life is on hold until it is opened. Or something else comes along. Or I close this thread and go do something productive. Or I close this thread and just open a different BB thread.

All I’m saying is that @beschizza should really get his priorities straight. Or Not.

11 Likes

I dropped my wife off at work. She never reads this bbs. She turned to me, “When is he going to open that safe?”

37 Likes

I don’t know why, exactly, but I found this turn of phrase funny. No offense intended.

20 Likes

Sure, I understand that’s what a safe word is for.

But if your fantasy includes protesting and asking to stop (but not for real, please don’t actually stop just yet, etc) then having common “no, stop” style words such as “no” and “stop” being red-alert showstoppers sounds like an unnecessary complication to me. “Oops, didn’t mean STOP stop, just regular make-believe stop. I keep forgetting! Carry on.”

Then again, you could sidestep the problem by mixing things up with a thesaurus fetish. Halt! Cease! Negative, I say!

6 Likes

4 Likes

No, but i’ll give that a try! I have one!

11 Likes

Safe word.

5 Likes

Absolutely do not take a circular saw to the safe unless you have an abrasive wheel. Even then, wear a ballistic face shield and heavy leather gloves and coveralls. Really you don’t want any handheld tool; rent a jig and buy about a dozen diamond bits. Like so:

Oh, and a fiber-optic scope.

8 Likes

I believe he’ll be circular sawing the wall around the safe to release it.

We’ve already determined the safest and most effective way to unleash untold evil unto the world of man is by carefully preserving the safe’s integrity. That way when Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson steps up to do what noone else can or will. He’s got somewhere to re-trap the ancient demonic threat.

13 Likes

Still the wrong tool for the job. Sawzall or GTFO.

5 Likes

I prefer a sharpened stick and pure moxy, but YMMV.

15 Likes

Great stock answer there, I might just steal it…

3 Likes

Not to the safe, to the old wall around it (so I can get it out)

4 Likes