I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

Whole Paycheck in North Seattle has a decent one.

2 Likes

Difference make good sparks? MrPants likes ketchup. I cannot stand it. He also like lasagna and i wont make it… coincidence?

7 Likes

Cheese whiz. I do not joke.

8 Likes

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but please send your ketchup potato chips to me. Lays, not Herr’s please, thank you.

(I should just make my own. Yuuge Lays factory next to DTW airport, but we can’t have chips sold 40 miles away in our stores. Fuckers.)

6 Likes

I don’t recall ever having had a steak and cheese made with cheese whiz. Ack. Nor velveeta. The closest I have had to completely fake cheese is American, which is unfortunately fairly popular.

I made my kid their first steak and cheese ever a couple of months ago (finally! they used to be so fussy) and used just fried onions and provolone.

3 Likes

If you send me Herrs dill pickle ill even send you All Dressed!!

3 Likes

Hmmm…tempting offer. Unfortunately, I crave dill fortnightly, and will be forced to purchase twice as many pickle chips as you will be purchasing All Dressed. Wait…there’s not bacon involved with those, is there?

3 Likes

The canonical ‘cheese’ is Cheez Whiz. Provolone is acceptable, too. Swiss, however, is considered heretical (as John Kerry found out). I’m not sure that the words ‘Swiss and ketchup’ have ever been uttered at a cheesesteak stand, probably due to fear of being shouted down in a tone that would make the Soup Nazi look like Mr. Rogers.

There is also a silent plurality of Philadelphians who think cheesesteaks are glorified grease-tubes and prefer to grab a falafel sandwich from a food cart or Maoz instead.

5 Likes

I never used to eat mayonnaise until over the past year or two, when I make it from scratch. What turned me on was trying some Kewpie wasabi mayo, because I am a sucker for most anything wasabi. When I make it is usually for french fries, sometimes with wasabi, sometimes without.

I dispute this! I have never had a traditional German currywurst. But I do make other curries fairly often. So I have had on my list of things to try making a currywurst that is an actual proper Indian-style curry. It involves some tomato, but sure doesn’t taste like ketchup.

5 Likes

Wait wait wait y’all dont have hickory sticks?
WHAT KIND OF TRAVESTY IS THIS!

3 Likes

I like 'em this way:

But remember: trailer park.

And yeah, once upon a time I did use to put ketchup on 'em, too.

12 Likes

From what I gather, Hostess doesn’t really exist in the US anymore. I don’t recall these Hickory Sticks, either way. Are they some kind of BBQ flavor?

I can get the Lays pickle chips at my 2 miles away grocery, though, just inexplicably can’t get ketchup.

1 Like

Wha? No love for Government Cheese?

YMMV, but the GC issued in WI back in the day was far more Colby than it was Kraft Plastic Cheesefoodproduct.

7 Likes

Hickory sticks taste like… hickory?
Smokey sure but more hickory than other bbq chips like humpty dumpty ringolos?

We need a chip exchange!

I brought back oregano and olive oil chips from greece and everyone here LOV3D them! Ans my fave chips you cant get here! Someone buy me chili and lime doritos and i will send you hickory or ketchup or dill chips!

4 Likes

As regards Steak-umm, is it cheaper than shaving regular steak? Or less work? The idea of a box of packaged steak always seemed like a gimmick. It only takes me about thirty seconds to shave a half-frozen steak into sandwiches. I see Steak-umm and have always wondered “why?”

5 Likes

I ask that question of pretty much everything in the frozen section that isn’t ice cream.

7 Likes

Hostess is Lay’s in Canuckistan though why we don’t have all dressed chips south of the 49 boggles me.

3 Likes

We dont have waffle house or cracker barrel so far enough.

2 Likes

I consider the lack of those two places a good thing about Canada.

6 Likes

Of all of the USA they are the only chains i look forward to hitting on our road trips!! And not just cuz of Bill Hicks.

5 Likes