I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

Yeah, at least Waffle House is cheap. I still don’t know what the draw is for Perkins.

4 Likes

I did. I felt the earlier title change (which was clearly @japhroaig) was rather blatant victim-blaming.

9 Likes

Substitute spaghetti with Kraft dinner - just the memory make me come close to hurling. I stopped eating land critter when I was 11, I’m officially Oldz now. I believed that combo has etched a permanent place in my olfactory center.

@clevermi: Open 24 hours, not limited to breakfast food, cheap, but everflowing coffee. Also, Waffle House was a very regional chain back in Perkins heyday, and what else you gonna do? Eat at Denny’s? ::vomits::

8 Likes

Anybody ever make the bacon hot dog turtle burgers?

19 Likes

I wouldn’t call it victim blaming, just pointing out bad taste.

6 Likes

I was the victim of deceptive marketing and illegal application of ketchup. And all people can think to say is that I shouldn’t have gone to Burger King for a hot dog, when clearly the onus was on them in a society with law and order to abstain from adding ketchup to hot dogs. This is Burger King’s fault, not mine. To say otherwise is just pushing an agenda for Heinz and Big Ketchup. Tell me, how much are they paying you?

18 Likes

5 Likes

The few times I went to Perkins, the main thing I noticed was that it was pricey, at least for what I actually got. Then again, I’m cheap.

6 Likes

Perkins aspires to be a better grade IHOP and fails miserably at it.

6 Likes

Well, when two ice creams really love each other…

8 Likes

You need to be toasting then with some butter.

The giant flag?

3 Likes

They do have an unusually large flag… I never really thought about it because I live in the bible belt / land of yooge flags.

5 Likes

Also, what brought me here was this:

14 Likes

And yet, both Perkins and IHOP are leagues above both Denny’s and Country Kitchen.

3 Likes

18 Likes

Seconded!

7 Likes

…the hell is wrong with you?!

Where’s my pitchfork?

21 Likes

I blame it on my Irish-American grandmother, who would put ketchup on pasta (always, always elbows…) for me as a young child.
In her defense, she also introduced me to a sandwich made of sliced hotdogs, baked beans, mustard, and raw onion (and for this I am grateful).

5 Likes

This wasn’t supposed to happen for another few weeks. I blame you horrible people.

Artisanal wiener on a toasted brioche-ish bun, lightly pickled slaw, ballpark mustard. No relish or onions, WTF? There was no ketchup, by design. There were some little packets of Heinz sitting right there next to the vinegar… was not tempted. Very good but I must admit, when push comes to shove I prefer a classic trashy dog over this fancy (and expensive) take on it.

12 Likes