I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

Also… since when does Burger King have hot dogs?

12 Likes

Whispers The secret ingredient in my pasta sauce is ketchup.

7 Likes

Minnesota too.

4 Likes

FWIW, once upon a time Perkins was the best quality, cleanest family style restaurant off major interstates, at least in the upper Midwest. I guess it must have gone downhill in recent decades.

7 Likes

We need more than just pitchforks.

6 Likes

You guys is killin’ me.

(Deep breath.) Well, who am I to complain? I’m a 4th generation native San Diegan who certainly knows better when it comes to Mexican food, but I can’t help it: when I make myself a burrito at home, I use flour tortillas, ground beef, refried beans, shredded cheddar, chopped olives, (occasionally shredded iceberg lettuce) …and ketchup.

I found out a few months ago that my sisters share my secret shame, and also put ketchup on their homemade burritos, though the rest of the family uses salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and other, more respectable ingredients.

Still: ketchup on pasta? That’s too redneck for even my trailer park ass.

9 Likes

You ever try fairy bread?

I had that for lunch. :smiley:

6 Likes

Never had it. Never seen it. In fact, before 1986, never even heard of it, until my buddy Tom asked me, with a fake British accent, “Father… did you really eat Government Cheese?” And I still had no idea WTF he was talking about.

5 Likes

Y’all have some delightful cuisine down under. I say that in complete seriousness. I haven’t had a decent meat pie since the annual Australia Festival closed.

4 Likes

Ha! Nope. Weirdly enough, though my elder siblings ate all kinds of heavily processed foods during their 1950s-1960s childhoods, by the time I was a kid in the 70s my mom was all into whole wheat bread, low-sugar cereals (Cheerios and Grape-Nuts and such), Laura Scudder’s Natural Peanut Butter, wheat germ, and carob. So unless I was visiting a buddy’s house, I never got to eat Wonder Bread, Kool-Aid, Cheez-Wiz, Cap’n Crunch, Lucky Charms, Jif (or Skippy, my current fave), Nestle Quik, Fruit Roll-Ups, Yoo-Hoo, Twinkies, Spaghettios, or anything made by Chef Boyardee.

But I vividly remember the neighborhood toddlers running around in just a leaky diaper, with Kool-Aid mustaches on their lips.

To this day I prefer whole wheat to white bread, though I switched my peanut butter away from the “natural” shit as soon as I moved out. I have eaten ketchup sandwiches and even Cool-Whip-on-whole-wheat sandwiches before, but never fairy bread. I had to look it up!

6 Likes

Imagine a 5lb block of velveeta.

6 Likes

I quit sugary cereals in high school and then fell off the wagon in college… oh turkey tetrazini for dinner again… hey look capn’ crunch lets try that instead.
I now try to keep it at every other month for those cereals but I do still really love Sugar Crisp and Capn’ Crunch. Otherwise some cornflakes or rice krispies or even better eggs and toast.
Twinkies I can take or leave but Zingers oh man those are like crack to me.
And the ravioli is the only thing from Chef Boyardee that I still like. I use it for work lunches.

4 Likes

Blecchh. Chef Boyardee ravioli at Jimmy Lenz’s house before Cub Scout meetings is what turned me off to ravioli for life.

7 Likes

A thing of beauty is a proper meat pie. Even a cheapo Four-&-Twenty hits the spot.

Growing up, I’d have eaten whatever off-brand no-name version of these (translated for culture) was around. So something that I’d seen an advert for was like a proper treat. Even now, anything deep-fried, greasy or sugary is like crack for me.

It would have been store-brand orange squash with extra tartrazine for me. But I can relate. :smiley:

Ketchup, yep. And sugar sandwiches. Even condensed milk sometimes.

6 Likes

Trademark held by the Royal Navy.

11 Likes

Maybe the world has gone uphill?

4 Likes

How it’s done:

Tucson Sonoran Dog

14 Likes

100% with you there. Hell in the old days the “natural” (i.e. dry, poorly blended, low quality peanut crap) actually had more saturated fats in it.

3 Likes

Devil dog! The didn’t have the grilled chiles and onions? Not all of them do, but at least you got the grilled onions. Provecho!

3 Likes

300 posts?! Who let the dogs out?

6 Likes