I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

For the uninitiated, that’s a bolillo (bo-LEE-yo) in the photo. Fun fact: you can fit two dogs into a single bolillo.

4 Likes

Don’t sweat the ketchup on your burritos. Mexicans put ketchup on their pizza. Also chimichuri sauce, which is actually pretty good.

I’m not a snob about putting ketchup on hotdogs, nor am I against putting sauces on pizza (hell, I smuggle Tapatio hot sauce into Mexico to put on my pizza), but I still think ketchup on pizza is wrong.

But whatever. This whole topic is a troll honeypot.

8 Likes

I actually do have someone who can make that choice for me in certainly circumstances. Even there, I’ve listed ketchup on my hot dogs as a hard no. However I’m not going to make that choice for someone else! Have whatever you want (or leave off whatever) on your food.

As for me: Chicago style, no onions, please.

7 Likes

Thanks! There’s a Chile right there. Grilled caribe. Frankly it’s so normal that hot dog vendors offer Chiles Gueros over here that I’ve never thought twice about it.

3 Likes

Scalia voted 5 times

5 Likes

I love hot sauces, but for pizzas I have always preferred dried chilis. My current fave is a sack of African Birdseye. Probably because there is already a fair amount of tomato sauce on there, so sauce would seem messy. I could see myself maybe trying hot sauce on a white pie.

5 Likes

13 Likes

I hope that all ye faithful partook joyously of a hotdog today (or yestertoday for those East of me, but not too far East)…
http://principiadiscordia.com/book/11.php

III - A Discordian is Required during his early Illumination to Go Off Alone & Partake Joyously of a Hot Dog on a Friday; this Devotive Ceremony to Remonstrate against the popular Paganisms of the Day: of Catholic Christendom (no meat on Friday), of Judaism (no meat of Pork), of Hindic Peoples (no meat of Beef), of Buddhists (no meat of animal), and of Discordians (no Hot Dog Buns).

IV - A Discordian shall Partake of No Hot Dog Buns, for Such was the Solace of Our Goddess when She was Confronted with The Original Snub.

Note: it should be a cheap hotdog to make sure that you receive the proper mix of random “meat”

10 Likes

That’s the first thing that popped into my head when @Papasan asked about hotdog buns alternatives, but I figured that it was a bit too big.

3 Likes

_ In_ my pasta sauce. As in onions, tomatoes, maybe a bit of capsicum, mince meat, passata/pasatta (sp?) and a little bit of ketchup to enhance all the flavours.

But yeah, if I was American, I’d totally be trailer trash.:flag_us:

5 Likes

Perkins used to be good.
In a time before Applebees, Chili’s and TGIF on every corner, Perkins was a good option when travelling.

Then sometime in the decades I lived in a Perkins Free zone and only dined when going to see family, I could see and taste the quality go down hill

So, now it is just momentumthat keeps them going

6 Likes

11 Likes

I just leave this here:

Oh, we don’t eat hot dogs. That’s a bit bummer on the topic. :wink:

12 Likes

Kings Hawaiian hot dog buns. They are cut on the top so you can put the dog in, top it with your preferred condiments and enjoy. The buns have a sweet taste that go well with the dogs.

6 Likes

They make truly divine hamburger buns as well.

All y’all come out to Burbank. Directly across the street from the WB lot is The Dog Haus, where you can get all manner of excellent burgers, dogs, hot links, brats, schnitzels, etc. Plus tater tots and milkshakes! And they use King’s Hawaiian buns.

Go salivate over their menu: http://www.doghaus.com

“The Absolute Wurst.”

/plug

8 Likes

Deep in thought, “Its a 4 hour drive, but… just look at it”

Edit: needs ketchup

16 Likes

Look at them, just look. What do you think they want to be in there second life?

18 Likes

On my way!!!

11 Likes

Call me crazy¹, but it’s gotta be ketchup, chili, or nothing.

I know that aficionados say that ketchup masks flavor while mustard enhances it, but I find the opposite is true. Mustard is overpowering to my taste buds and I’ve never cared for it anywhere, on anything, whereas ketchup can enhance the taste of some otherwise boring or peculiar-tasting meat which, quite frankly (no pun intended ahhhh, who am I kidding) describes most hotdog brands that I’ve ever tried.

¹ Try it, it’s fun! All of my friends are doing it!

11 Likes

I eat hot dogs three ways.

1. “Rooster” Surprise Dog — (what I call it depends on who I’m mentioning it to :crying_cat_face:) Sriracha line the bun, put the hot dog in, ketchup, and brown mustard
  2. Chili Dog — dot the bun with a hot sauce (habanero and chipotle) made by an acquaintance of mine, put in the dog, cover with chili (bean and meat), cover with cheddar
  3. Frank & Bean Soup — terrible, just terrible. Only love it because I grew up with it. I have basically no idea how to make it unless the instructions are “Open can of Bush’s Compatible Baked Beans, dump into pot, slice up hot dogs into pot, heat until it looks like you did it on purpose.”

Hm. We could have a steak-umms challenge or something. I’ve never had them (but plenty of other things people frown on :laughing: ).

I double down on remonstration by eating hot dogs (with bun) on any day except Friday.

I went to their place in Pasadena second to last time I was in the LA area. I tried Congregation Ale House last time I was in Pasadena. I recommend both to anyone spending time in Pasadena but if I can only go to one of the two on my next trip, it’ll be Congregation. :laughing:

11 Likes