I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

What’s with all this insisting that others have to have weird stuff on their hot dog?

Just ketchup for me, thanks.

You can violate the integrity of YOUR food all you want with such confusing overtextured weirdness, I’ve got my own path and it’s far more right for me.

:stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

That was the first time I had seen something like that. I was raised in a primitive part of the world though It was called Utah and the outside world was not welcomed there.

2 Likes

You said that and my mind went to spam musubi.

It is not as bad as it may sound. I prefer it maki style. The nori to spam ratio works better for me.

Yellow mustard literally makes me sick.

I do like mustard that seems to be mostly composed of seeds with a wee bit of horsey sauce added in.

4 Likes

According to Wikipedia, it looks like that would just be a frankfurter (though it’d probably be tough to find an authentic recipe). But, I’m always willing to brazenly ignore historical accuracy in favor of flavor. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m perfectly fine with just ketchup as long as I have some hot sauce that I can mix in to cancel out the sweetness…

My typical hotdog would be onions and ketchup (with hot sauce) or brown seedy mustard and onions. Sweet relish is gross, but I’ve had some tangy/spicy relish that wasn’t bad.

4 Likes

If it don’t clean your sinuses, it’s just yellow sauce.

8 Likes

I always think of my favorite hotdogs from when I was a kid as real hotdogs… They were the natural casing ones that we got from the butcher in our little local store.

12 Likes

Which is totally cool and I can respect that, because it’s your taste buds and not mine. You should nom on what you like no matter how weird anybody else says it is! (with allowances for stinkiness and other factors that have a negative impact on others that might mean you should do it in private, but you still should get to enjoy the heck out of it)

I just always thought this ‘food taste elitism’ was super-weird and sometimes kind of creepy. We’re not a bunch of clones and we’re supposed to like different things.

11 Likes

Too reasonable. Must agitate more. Chicago style, Sonoran, or GTFO.

11 Likes

In the words of Chuck Barry “it’s a free country! Live like you wanna live!”.

5 Likes

w00t!!!

12 Likes

Oh, wait, maybe I misread that…

14 Likes

When my kid joked that I never eat ketchup, I showed them by combining about half ketchup and half sriracha. It’s not bad and I use it at times when I prefer something hot and tomatoey. But I think that the best way to mitigate the sweetness of ketchup is to make it yourself. My parents make a decent ketchup, but my young ketchup-fiend doesn’t like theirs because it isn’t sweet and syrupy like Heinz.

One of the worst food-criticism articles I have read over the past few years was about why anybody would ever go through the effort to make their own ketchup when the perfect ketchup is available for cheap at every store. It never occurred to them that some people might prefer a different recipe!

14 Likes

You and me both, so don’t feel bad.

Although, now that I’m looking at it, there is a hotdog-sticking-out-of-a-bun-like aspect to the Sontaran, too.

14 Likes

I’ve noticed the quality seems to vary a lot from location to location. We’ve got one near us that’s acceptable, mostly because it’s the closest restaurant of that sort by about half the distance to the next closest one. We’ve also occasionally been traveling and unable to find anything else and the results are often unpredictable.

(OK, so I usually order pancakes, sausage, and eggs, and those are difficult, albeit not impossible, to screw up too badly.)

4 Likes

Well, I’m sorry that the no-ketchup-on-dogs contingent has lost, but this has been a tasty thread indeed. Conbrats to you on its success.

10 Likes

Wait! I don’t want them to lose, I just don’t want them to put their mustard and stuff on MY hot dogs.

More mustard for them, more ketchup for me! Win-Win-right?

8 Likes

Not enough gifs in this thread…

23 Likes

16 Likes