I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

4 Likes

This actually exists. Available at your local Rocket Fizz.

10 Likes

Ugh. No.

1 Like

Welp, I guess I’m starting my diet like … right this very second.

5 Likes

You’re having slugs on your hot dogs?

Bon Appétit!

14 Likes

Wrong on all counts. Super-duper-extra wrong on the last count. The answer you’re looking for is mayo.

:smirk_cat:

[Yes, I am evil. Why do you ask?]

@nothingfuture: Mac & cheese is a perfect application for most varieties of hot sauces. Ketchup will work in a pinch, and is the only thing that will make leftover Kraft edible, but it has to be real ketchup from the likes of Trader Joe’s.

4 Likes

I’d love to see slugs try and live in that much salt and mustard.

6 Likes

Maybe they’re mutant slugs with highly resistant mucus?

4 Likes

Are we all familiar with the sordid history of ketchup? Because, let me tell you: it’s gross.

5 Likes

Ditch the Heinz and whateverthefuck that other brand is, and get some without fake sugar. Shouldn’t have more than about 5 ingredients in it: be tomato, spices, vinegar, sugar, and a pinch of salt.

14 Likes

Or: go big.

Roasted Tomato Ketchup. Oh holy yes (but still not on a hotdog).

5 Likes

I don’t even eat hot dogs (no land animals in my diet, and I don’t even want to think about what might be found in Notdogs), I’m just enjoying the theatrics here.

17 Likes

Putting salt and mustard on slugs is wrong.

If you’re gonna eat slugs do what we did when I was at summer camp: fry them in garlic butter.

15 Likes

Disclaimer, did not read the thread yet. Why are you people at such a different time schedule?
Ketchup, when well made, is pure tomato elixir. And indeed, when used in several occasions, definitely a food group in itself. :wink:

15 Likes

The only reason to put ketchup on a hotdog is if you’ve run out of curry sauce.

5 Likes

Whattaya mean? It’s Ketchup time I mean dinnertime there now, isn’t it?

8 Likes

Oh no, 21:11or 9:11 pm? Long past dinner time when having kids. :wink:
No ketchup today, but there was some tomato sauce involved.
Euh, at the dinner tonight. :wink:

6 Likes

I personally prefer NY/RI Wieners which always have mustard, a seasoned meat sauce, onions, and celery salt on them.

That said, while I prefer mustard, relish, onions, and celery salt on a regular hot dog - I do not mind ketchup from time to time. It’s not an abomination.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something here, but what’s wrong with ketchup on hot dogs?

16 Likes

So many of you formerly-respectable people can go to hell and die in an outhouse with a broken seat. I don’t love hot dogs, but when I eat them, it’s with ketchup, goddammit. Mustard? Man, I shit mustard when I’m particularly ill, and relish and onions are for the unkissable.

I also don’t stand for the anthem. And I fart during the pledge of allegiance.

Plus: apple pie is revolting.

I’m gonna get myself a couple Hebrew National all-beef kosher franks (one for each middle-finger-sporting fist), slap 'em onto Hawaiian buns, slather them with Heinz ketchup, and eat 'em right out on the street in front of God & ever’body.

'Cause I’m a Heavily Privileged American and I can go to hell in my own way.

Kiss my mustardy ass!

30 Likes